Page 36 of 42 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast

Thread: DNA Development Blog

Wall mount a tube fluorescent light assembly. Just make sure you get a good cover to diffuse some of that gorgeous migraine inducing light.

Supports Inception Designs
    Fortunately I do not suffer from migraines, just want light!

Stopping by Home Depot on the way home from work today to find something like what you describe, to be honest I hadn;t looked yet.

Worked on boards last night, don't have my computer right there and was hoping I could get away with that but I couldn't, had to keep making runs up and down stairs to test/reference stuff. So that is changing as well as the light.

Worked on the RNA bug that is occasionally happening and I think it might have to do with static discharge. If I pop a grill starter next to the circuit it resets. I can't shield it, and after the reset it doesn't yet know the reset has happened. How to figure out the difference.. I don't know.. there is a register in the chip that knows how it powered on, I will check that and see if any clues are there, I can combine that with an EEPROM write to recover.. luckily the circuit is designed to be fail-safe on startup so there is no chance of accidental discharge.

DAMNIT.. DAMNIT DAMNIT DAMNIT.

Went to test out some bus activity and my 'scope was broken! They busted off the trigger level knob! I can still use it but the function is smashed.. only the most important thing a scope does.

GRRRR... well I'm okay working around it for now, but will have to retire it unless I get a replacement part. Truth is I've been looking for an excuse to replace it but that darn thing just keeps WORKING.. I bought it used off E-Bay for $300.... 14? 15? years ago and it was old THEN. Hell there is a sticker on the side that says "Calibrated: 1983"

Damn it, that reminds me, I think I left my personal scope at KEE. I'd forgotten that it was mine. Oh well.

Sucks that they broke yours, I think a lot of the older equipment is better made than much of the modern stuff.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tektronix-22...vip=true&rt=nc

On its way to me, was time for an upgrade anyway I suppose. The other scope is very repairable if I get a replacement knob, I might do that, it is a very solid beast. But so is this one and I had been missing some of the features a digital-storage 'scope has so its unlikely I will repair the old one..

ALTHOUGH.. while triggering is one of the most important, key things a scope does, it is still a really gnarly display device, I could probably use it for mad-scientist type demo-stuff. Although porting it around is tough. I'll have to see.

I should get a personal scope for this kind of stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by Curt View Post
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tektronix-22...vip=true&rt=nc

On its way to me, was time for an upgrade anyway I suppose. The other scope is very repairable if I get a replacement knob, I might do that, it is a very solid beast. But so is this one and I had been missing some of the features a digital-storage 'scope has so its unlikely I will repair the old one..

ALTHOUGH.. while triggering is one of the most important, key things a scope does, it is still a really gnarly display device, I could probably use it for mad-scientist type demo-stuff. Although porting it around is tough. I'll have to see.
    Amazing what you can get a scope for. Seems like a bargain. I remember having to rent one for a legal case and it costing more than that to rent...

I picked one up from a medical auction so long ago, come to find out it was some super industrial modular crazy thing...I was about ready to throw it out because I had switched over to a USB type but I'm glad I didn't toss it now....

How is the new scope working out?

Got it in and LOVE it.. digital sampling does the same job as my 10x expander but with cursors and far clearer. Spent the evening just playing with it. When I finally need to replace this one I'll get one from the 90's and REALLY blow my mind