Thread: Feeds and Speeds and RPM's oh my!

Feeds and Speeds and RPM's oh my!

Ok, so I have been fighting the feeds and speeds for this mill and the end mills we have here at work like crazy. I finally got us to bring in a new brand/design end mill that should help quite a bit since it has actual documentation for the cutters. What I need though, is confirmation I'm reading it and using it right. Since I can't post the excell file to the forums easily, could I email it to anyone here and get their opinion with what I have come up with?

what information are you looking for in particular? What material(s) are you most often cutting

in the last year and a half I have concentrated a large portion of my novice attention to speeds and feeds and getting better at understanding cutter and material interactions

that being said I can tell you what I have learned to hopefully save you and some others some time

I actually just started doing some high speed style machining within the last few days, I have already learned a great deal and see huge benefits to that style of milling, the volumetric rate of material removal is immense compared to conventional milling styles, and saves a huge amount of time, especially in common steel

let me know what questions you have and Ill try to help as best I can, most of my experience lies in aluminum and steel, havent had the privelage of machining any exotics like inconel, or even titanium yet, although I would love to get my hands on a chunk of both to shave some chips off of
    Last edited by ElPanda; 10-31-2013 at 11:26 PM.
    ABET accredited level II machinist - CNC Programmer - Mechanical Engineering Technologist
    Rio Grande Inc.