Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Lets see some firearms

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    Please share your thoughts on this bad boy... its definitely one I've been curious about and most I've read on it has been typical internet fanboy...
    I am not a fan of the .45 round. I have owned a 1911 and even an HK USC and sold them both off. My father bought the Kriss and now I have one on order. I have enjoyed shooting his and it is stinkin accurate. Once mine arrives I will begin the process to sbr it myself. He should have approval on his about march per what the atf rep said over the phone the other day.

The reports are correct that it has very little muzzle rise when shooting it. Very easy to rapid fire it.

so I had a very scary experience last night

I will just copy/paste what I wrote to my facebook wall to save time

Quote Originally Posted by ElPanda
    to all

it is 4 am sunday morning as I post this

my mother woke me up at around 3:30 suspecting someone was attempting to break in through our front door downstairs.
    I immediately grabbed my pistol and walked about halfway downstairs in the dark to listen, she was correct unfortunately

there were sounds of hands groping the door and door knob aggressively

I opposed the door and informed the person on the other side that they should leave and that I was armed.

There was a pause while a male voice mumbled something inaudibly on the other side, after which point this man decided to begin kicking our front door in

The police were immediately phoned and informed while I barred the door to prevent heavy damage to the deadbolt and kept informing him I was armed and the police were en route.
    fast forward 5 minutes and he begins smashing our storm door into our siding causing our whole front wall to bulge momentarily, objects were being knocked over inside the house due to the force.
    It took police about 7 minutes to arrive, we live in central Newark, not out of the way at all. Even after they arrived it took another 5 minutes of them threatening him at taser point to get him in cuffs and in a squad car.

I just wanted to display to everyone first hand why it is that I am a prepared firearms owner. Within 10 seconds of waking up and realizing what was happening I had my pistol armed and ready to protect my family and property. I also wanted to highlight how horrible the response time of the police was. In the time it took them to arrive that man could have kicked our door in had he been sober with intent.
    One can not argue that we must rely soley on police to carry firearms to protect citizens. Had our door been weak enough to give or he strong enough to break it down the police would still have been several minutes away from arriving upon a dead drunk man.

I came that close to having to shoot someone this morning.

Please remember this story the next time you think about firearms laws and gun ownership. If you have a firearm for home defense let this be an example to you, do not keep your defense firearm locked away. I was only able to respond as quickly as I did by keeping the gun and loaded magazines within arms reach of my bedside. You firearm is doing you no good tucked away in a safe unloaded. There is often no time to prepare for what could happen and I was extremely lucky that my mom is a light sleeper.

This was one of the scariest nights I have had in a while and I am so thankful I was adequately prepared and able to keep my mother and myself safe until help finally arrived.
    ABET accredited level II machinist - CNC Programmer - Mechanical Engineering Technologist
    Rio Grande Inc.

Glad it did not get to the point that you would have to pull the trigger. But proud that you would and were able to protect your family if need be.

Quote Originally Posted by theboss33 View Post
    Glad it did not get to the point that you would have to pull the trigger. But proud that you would and were able to protect your family if need be.
    I am also very happy that I did not have to pull the trigger, believe me I do not need that level of red tape in my life

that said I would not have hesitated had the situation escalated and our door failed, I kept telling him if he crossed the threshold I would not hesitate to defend myself but he was so drunk it seemed to only enrage him more

it took me a solid 3 hours to get back to sleep because of all the adrenaline

I dont wish this kind of thing upon anyone, but I only hope they are as adequately prepared as I was if it ever happens to them.

there is a whole laundry list of "what ifs" that were racing through my mind after this all went down that gave me serious pause

had I not locked the deadbolt before I went upstairs to bed that man would have kicked my front door in and then the situation could have turned very ugly for him, likely fatal

I hope that once he sobers up he realizes what he has done and the level of fear that he caused my mother and feels ashamed
    ABET accredited level II machinist - CNC Programmer - Mechanical Engineering Technologist
    Rio Grande Inc.

Holy shit Justin.

Glad you and your family are safe.

Crazy times right now

Good on you for being prepared. I'm glad you're all safe.
    Destroyer of Threads

So that glock I milled (about half a year ago now) got coated and looks great for a 1st article

my gun dealer liked it so much he wants to give me another G17 slide to mill so that it can sit on display in his shop with some of our business cards to drum up business for the shop

may end up designing some more cuts depending on how successfully it goes

here is the prototype gun stand I designed to be used as the display in his shop, the plate on front is going to be engraved with our shop name and logo and I am thinking of adding a small bracket to the back of it to cradle a stack of business cards that people can grab

Rio Grande Inc.

Insider
    That's hot! Nice work!

Wow, that looks amazing.