Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Lets see some firearms

Our property taxes in Indiana are ridiculously cheap. NJ is retarded... My grandmother in law pays 12k per year on a house that's fully paid off. It's a mortgage that doesn't end. I'll be shocked if our first full year of taxes is more than 2k.

Go across the line to PA, we have a bunch of local guys making/modding firearms...
    These guys are 5 mins from the paintball shop and there is a guy maybe 50ft away that does all kinds of custom leather holsters..

http://www.boyzhid.com/fredricks.html

https://www.facebook.com/HolsterWorx

new handgun should be arriving later this week
    ABET accredited level II machinist - CNC Programmer - Mechanical Engineering Technologist
    Rio Grande Inc.

New handgun arrived last Friday, I wanted something high capacity and lightweight for home defense, but also something unique that none of my friends had

I really like the ergonomics of this pistol, the crotch of the frame is extremely high resulting in a very low bore axis. I put about 200 rounds through this on Saturday and I can already tell with further training it is going to be a pleasure to shoot

Trapezoidal sights, soon to be replaced with tritium night sights, I bought this for home defense so night sights are a must IMO

disassembles very easy, push the small circular lock in and drop the lever a quarter turn and the slide releases. Clear Glock influence with the action and spring, pretty sure I heard that one of the Glock designers actually made this, so thats understandable.

the speed of dis-assembly is a joy compared to my 1911, makes cleaning go much faster/easier. Also the trigger is great for a polymer framed handgun, very crisp break, the reset is VERY light, but again with training that can be compensated for.

Also forgot to mention, the rails and trigger housing are all one piece of billet machined steel that slides into the frame from the top, much stronger and more accurate in comparison to the integrally molded "rails" of a glock
    Last edited by ElPanda; 07-29-2014 at 07:04 PM.

17 rounds with the stock mags, I am probably going to keep pre-loaded mags at 15 though to give the mag springs some room to breath cause at 17 the spring is 100% compressed

still twice as many rounds as my 1911 which was one of the main reasons I bought it, if they end up making even larger mags at some point I would likely buy a couple

once you start looking at ballistics between 9mm and .45 you start to see that a quality 9mm is still more than effective at delivering lethal energy while essentially doubling capacity
    ABET accredited level II machinist - CNC Programmer - Mechanical Engineering Technologist
    Rio Grande Inc.

14 rounds of .45 in my pistol.

And I'd never consider carrying it. The damn thing is way too big, way too heavy, and the 1911 makes me nervous to carry after having the safety click off a couple years back.

That was part of the reasoning behind my decision to carry the FN FiveseveN. 21 rounds in the gun. That and the good possibility of ammo punching thru kevlar.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    19 rounds! Yummy.

I need to get out of NJ...
    Just do it.....across land is much easier that across the ocean.

Here in Texas, lots of guns and we get to hunt big critters at night....