Thread: Pico Shell Question - battery capacity

Pico Shell Question - battery capacity

Hello!

Sorry if this is the wrong section, but I couldn't find this info while searching. Simple question: will the pico shell kit work with a 6x AA battery harness or only 4xAA? Just checking before I go on the hunt for the smaller 4xAA type.

Welcome to the fourms.

It was designed to work with them all, so it is big enough to work with the 6AA. It's a close fit but it works

I recommend using it with a sound board and 4AA's if you want a great but lightweight set up.

Great, thanks for the info Simon! I'm currently looking for a 4xAA harness but i still have the 6xAA harness out of my B2 so at least I won't be stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    I recommend using it with a sound board and 4AA's if you want a great but lightweight set up.
    What are the differences between using a sound activated board and an eye-sight board? I have halo too internals and I'd like to get a pico shell but it seems that a halo style internal that uses an eye system would work better for a pump?

Quote Originally Posted by blue_baron View Post
    Great, thanks for the info Simon! I'm currently looking for a 4xAA harness but i still have the 6xAA harness out of my B2 so at least I won't be stuck.
    go to your local Radioshack and pick up the AA adapter. its that simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Dpbailey124 View Post
    What are the differences between using a sound activated board and an eye-sight board? I have halo too internals and I'd like to get a pico shell but it seems that a halo style internal that uses an eye system would work better for a pump?
    with the sound activated board, you don't have to have the extra wires for the eyes, nor have a place for the eyes. basically less parts to go wrong with. the sound activation works slightly better, because if you have a odd stack, where the balls aren't sitting right where the eyes are, you could have the drive cone spin on you, possibly breaking a ball or two. as well as, a pump won't out shoot a sound board, so it has plenty of time to "keep up".

Crushed paint with old halos was the worst.