Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cocker valve dimensions tracker...

Finally found my calipers after moving. Shocktech valve is 0.558.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    I just spent the afternoon doing some more research into the AKA valve situation.

My hunch was correct. Earlier WGP bodies have a LARGER valve chamber bore than the later gun bodies.

I have NO idea when it changed, but it wouldn't surprise me if it happened around when K2 bought WGP. We would need to get more bodies to research that and find out.

I got my hands on an early right feed gun body serial number 68024 and guess what... the valve chamber dimension is 0.583"! That's 0.014" different which is HUGE!

Looks to me like AKA made their valves fit the earlier gun bodies, and then WGP tightened up their bore making all of the AKA valves incompatible from then on.

I do not know why the earlier WGP bodies were larger, as the later WGP bodies have dimensions that make more sense for the threads etc. part of me suspects the K2 engineers "corrected" the WGP dimensions once they took over production. Although with that said, I believe the bodies I am working from were still made under the old WGP hmmm. From a conversation I had with Sonny Lopez he led me to believe they were made at WGP when he was there.

Does anyone know exactly when the WGP unibodies were first released?

Any body with a collection of gun bodies and pin gauges want to help measure and work out when WGP made the change?
    I believe the valve chambers started getting smaller around 2000. My Bob Long Cyclone valve (from around 97) will not fit in any 2k+ WGP, but my Tornado valve will still fit them. But that same Tornado valve will not fit in a WGP Unibody. So it appears the valve chambers got even smaller between 2k and the Unibodies production. Yeah... good luck figuring this one out lol.

Here are the ODs of a few valves I have laying around. I've already gave ya the OD of my Tornado valve in the other thread. I've also confirmed that older Belsales valves and PPS LT valves will fit a Unibody, if that helps.

MacDev Red - .5625"
    Bob Long Cyclone (pre2k) - .5690"
    ANS - .5600"

11/16 Tornado valves
    #1 - .6880"
    #2 - .6880"

Which CCM valve did you measure? They have a few different versions; the newest is their brass valves. A guy on PbN bought one of the new SFL bodies and CCM internals. The CCM valve would not fit in the SFL body. He had to send the valve and body to Mel. Sooo the new brass CCM valves might be larger or the new SFL bodies might be too small. Just an FYI!

I don't remember the Unibodies ever being released/used. I first saw them on PB Gateways site after WGP was dead. It's nice to hear they might have been made in the US.

edit: I don't have a way to measure the bores, but I'm happy to send ya a bunch of bodies if you'd like to measure them.
    Last edited by minimag03; 03-29-2014 at 11:44 AM.

Great info. It all helps to paint a picture.

The CCM valves I got are their latest and greatest I believe and they are made from brass.

If Daniel (evil_racecocker) gets his measured it may let us know if we need to measure any others or not.

If you list out what you have and a rough time line that would help us match in with what he and I have. I'd rather not have people shipping valuable gun bodies to me if it can be avoided. I'd just hate to see anything happen to them.