Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any opinions on the newer versions of Bobcad?

Have you looked at fusion 360 yet? I've been playing with that a little bit. Depending on the package (regular or ultimate) the CAM is like HSM works or express (actually based on that engine).

Yea,wasn't to impressed with the modeling and assembly

The modeling aspects dont seem to be targeted at our needs, but the integrated CAM is quite nice.

Quote Originally Posted by y0da900 View Post
    The modeling aspects dont seem to be targeted at our needs, but the integrated CAM is quite nice.
    I'm looking at Inventor HSM right now for a monthly charge. If I start my own company that would be great start also

2.5 Axis
    3 Axis
    3+2 Axis
    Machine Simulation ( From Solidworks Assembly or Inventor Assembly)
    Alot of Post

+ Support

For $300 a month

Do you know how the payments are handled? I'm super curious about it since it'd be really cool if you could toggle the payment months on and off without having to incur any penalty or leaping through hoops. For instance if you have a bunch of stuff to program then hey bang it out all throughout the month, then give it a rest for the next 1-2 months, or as long as you can stand it.

That way it'd be VERY different compared to a loan payment of $300/month, since you can't get behind on a 3rd party loan without getting into trouble. Because obviously you can obtain a lot of useful resources on a $300/month loan for 4 years or whatever, but it's at the cost of being "locked in".

Quote Originally Posted by Ydna View Post
    Do you know how the payments are handled? I'm super curious about it since it'd be really cool if you could toggle the payment months on and off without having to incur any penalty or leaping through hoops. For instance if you have a bunch of stuff to program then hey bang it out all throughout the month, then give it a rest for the next 1-2 months, or as long as you can stand it.

That way it'd be VERY different compared to a loan payment of $300/month, since you can't get behind on a 3rd party loan without getting into trouble. Because obviously you can obtain a lot of useful resources on a $300/month loan for 4 years or whatever, but it's at the cost of being "locked in".
    Not a loan just a pay as go. I'm confirming Monday though don't trust salesmen