Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Show Us Your Tips! -Stella Tip Designs-

Insider
    Quote Originally Posted by YOUNGSTOWN View Post
    Been sooooo busy...never had a chance to get back to this....
    I will have to ask Simon what the thread a pitch was for the back again
    Isn't this it?

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Should be on the CAD file, but the inside thread is 7/8-20 UNEF-2B, MINOR DIA: 0.8250-0.8280

Insider
    Quote Originally Posted by Laku View Post
    Isn't this it?
    it could be.. ill have to verify with Simon when he gets a minute.

My initial thoughts were to make this as modular as possible...or go the opposite direction and just make it more or less as you see it in the image I posted with everything fixed.

Insider
    it could be.. ill have to verify with Simon when he gets a minute.

My initial thoughts were to make this as modular as possible...or go the opposite direction and just make it more or less as you see it in the image I posted with everything fixed.
    Ah, I think my dyslexia got me. Are you talking about the thread between front and back or the one for the muzzle? That one I quoted was for the muzzle.

Insider
    Quote Originally Posted by Laku View Post
    Ah, I think my dyslexia got me. Are you talking about the thread between front and back or the one for the muzzle? That one I quoted was for the muzzle.
    Threading from front to bore

Supports Inception Designs
    Threading from front to bore
    If I remember right, it's cocker threaded (15/16-24) with a different shank length.
    Team Akkadian Paintball Squad

B.S. Mechanical Engineering UW-Platteville 2012

Quote Originally Posted by neftaly
    Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever.

i printed one for bunkers rain covers, i printed it vertically, threaded side down, too much time and plastic to print it on its side and risk it coming out wrong (or ending up with support material inside the barrel). had to upsize by 1% to help with clearance, i blame my printer for that mainly, threading didnt want to play nice either, but if you dip the barrel tip in boiling water and then thread it in, its enough to soften up the threads and make the threading work for you, definitely digging that filter for the lapco shroud, but the one bunker made does the job surprisingly well

Why thank you. :-) Could you post a picture? Or PM me if you don't want a public picture?
    Destroyer of Threads

First try at making a tip. Phantom style internal muzzle break/porting. It's a bit longer to be used with the shank front.

That looks pretty interesting with the front internal milling like that. Those ports look tiny though? Small holes are always harder to drill than larger ones, but I guess it doesn't matter if it's being 3D printed.

How are you having it made?

I printed it using SLS printed nylon through Shapeways. You were right, the holes were tiny (I think I made them 1mm diameter). Some of them came out ok, but most of them were clogged and weren't really well formed. I'll revisit this again, maybe put some more cuts into it while I'm at it. The first print came out looking kind of boring.