Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Inception Designs FLE Axe Body

Kind of scary to think that the path of obtaining the bodies, in your case, IS the easy way.

As always, looking forward to the next round of projects!

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    The good news is that I will be getting another run of bodies from KEE in order to do this.

The bad news is I don't yet know when I will get them and the lead time last time was LONG.

The bad bad news is that my price on bodies will be going up significantly after that so I am not sure if I will ever run any more. We shall see. I guess that may be good news for some of you getting the bodies.

Don't make me force my $$$ on you now to ensure I get one of these bodies!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pump Scout View Post
    Kind of scary to think that the path of obtaining the bodies, in your case, IS the easy way.
    As someone involved with the production side of things, I can oddly sympathize with kee. There is a benefit to be had but the risk is nonzero, especially if it weren't the guy who designed the marker.

Say what you will about Smart Parts (believe me I've got as much to say as the next guy), from where I'm sitting the things they managed with PL bodies were pretty impressive.

Well, it was easier for them because most of their PL markers were made in-house. They manufacturing process was such that the bodies would be blanked out for all the internal features, then stocked up until needed. Then all the cosmetics and externals would be applied afterward without manual intervention. But that level of automation takes a pretty penny...

If I wanted to make use of one of these bodies I'd basically need a donor axe to strip for parts right? Or are there enough aftermarket parts to enable an entire gun to be built from non-stock parts?

You are best off buying a used axe and strip it for parts. Unless someone like Ross can help you out to get everything else you need.

Off the top of my head, the parts nobody's making on the aftermarket (yet?) are the bolt guide, the ASA/reg, the foregrip housing, the internal air parts, detents maybe.

NDZ spinner detents for mini not compatible?

Ah, didn't know anyone was making any.

Edit - I see Kila makes them, too, along with some others I'm likely to have to pick up. Darn it. So many cool parts, so little available funds!
    Last edited by Pump Scout; 04-23-2014 at 10:49 AM.

What is the advantage of aftermarket detents?