Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: The Stella Barrel System and niche threads... A5, ION, Angel and Automag...

Hmm. That could become very interesting very shortly.

I know this has been sitting dormant for a while, but do you know if any of the users that bought the A5 threaded barrels have used them successfully with the Crossover? I'm trying to see if I can find something that will work consistently in the Crossover without getting jammed or tearing up the bolt/barrel. So far I know a Tiller failed spectacularly, and Tippmann's own Crossover AC adapter even has started to show bolt wear on the back edge.

I think Lumberjack was onto the issue with his comment at the top of page 3, but I wasn't sure if you'd done anything in design to account for the bolt grab and/or if you'd heard good success stories from A5 buyers?

We have the inside at the back machined with the huge lead in chamfer that Tippmann puts on their barrels so it should be completely compatible.

Many companies don't realise that the tippmann bolt goes into the barrel and so they make the barrel like they normally would for any other gun and it causes big issues as they go to smaller bores. Ours take that into account.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    We have the inside at the back machined with the huge lead in chamfer that Tippmann puts on their barrels so it should be completely compatible.

Many companies don't realise that the tippmann bolt goes into the barrel and so they make the barrel like they normally would for any other gun and it causes big issues as they go to smaller bores. Ours take that into account.
    huh... does that make it an issue for stepping down to the bore sizes on Tippmans? I think I read somewhere that was the reason you recommend going with the larger bore size for the fronts when used with the insert Stella back.

This is really fantastic news. I had been hopeful that the AC adapter that comes with the XVR would solve my problem - and get me to an AC threaded barrel, but after just a few days of play it had started to take off the anno on the inside of the adapter.

I hadn't originally wanted to stay in the A5 thread, but after 2 years with the Crossover - and plans to keep it a while yet - I think I'm finally going to embrace it. Thanks for letting me know.

Quote Originally Posted by Zondo View Post
    huh... does that make it an issue for stepping down to the bore sizes on Tippmans? I think I read somewhere that was the reason you recommend going with the larger bore size for the fronts when used with the insert Stella back.
    Not 100% sure what you mean.

The front should always be a larger bore than the back of the barrel.

The entry into the back of the Tippmann barrels is almost conical as the bolt fits inside it before the ball is fired. The area that the ball is fired from is the smaller diameter corresponding to the barrel size you choose. It's just that unlike other gun designs the bolt fits slightly into the barrel and you have to accomodate that. It's like a long shallow chamfer/cone where the bolt fits.

Your barrel cases are gorgeous.
    Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

I work for the company building the Paragon

Insider
    Quote Originally Posted by PBSteve View Post
    Your barrel cases are gorgeous.
    :::slowly hides Soft cases in shame:::
    "So you've done this before?"
    "Oh, hell no. But I think it's gonna work."

I didn't realize your cases/system was back in stock.

It wasn't for long enough I kind of forgot.