Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: minnesota made 3 wheeler to enter production!

minnesota made 3 wheeler to enter production!

social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

I was checking that out and kind of want one. A few years back I looked at converting my Spyder to a single seat machine more like that. Not fussed on passengers, but a single, center drivers seat, version of that would be a lot of fun...

having driven a pre-production model, its a hoot. very fun, rear traction limited for sure. they are right on the traction control, it allows some good fun without getting to out of control.

it fits into a weird market. even less useful than a purpose built sports car, but still not a motor cycle, but you basically have to treat it as such (in terms of weather, cargo etc etc). but it certainly is cheaper than anything on 4 wheels which can compete.

i mean im out of the market, i already have a basically useless sports car, and my other car is an only marginally useful sports car, but for 20 grand, for 1700lbs, 170 hp, and a manual ... not bad, not bad at all. they claim 0-60 in around 5 seconds, and .97 on the skid pad.
    Last edited by cockerpunk; 07-28-2014 at 03:14 PM.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Reminds me of the KTM X-Bow.. but with one rear wheel of course.

Quote Originally Posted by new ion? View Post
    Reminds me of the KTM X-Bow.. but with one rear wheel of course.
    that extra tire will cost you about 55 grand too. this is about a quarter the price of a Xbow

I'd take an Atom 3 over an xbow anyway. Only about twice the price of this guy, weighs less and also made in the US.
    Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

I work for the company building the Paragon

Quote Originally Posted by PBSteve View Post
    I'd take an Atom 3 over an xbow anyway. Only about twice the price of this guy, weighs less and also made in the US.
    closer to 3x ... but yeah

Its a bit pricey for a novelty vehicle, and needs a roof and enclosure.

But I like the seating arrangement better than this: http://www.eliomotors.com .
    endeavor to persevere.......

Insider
    I thought the VW GX3 was the coolest thing ever...

only thing about this that makes me go hrm is the front mount engine. Looks fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    I thought the VW GX3 was the coolest thing ever...

only thing about this that makes me go hrm is the front mount engine. Looks fun!
    its basically just the drive train from the Pontiac solstice/Saturn sky.