Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Death of CO2 tanks on the horizon?

Ah, now you've got my attention. 850 psi?

Wayne
    My local field has nothing but 68 Specials as the basic rental. They all run on HPA. Typical 850PSI 48ci tanks. Zero FPS issues.

It makes sense for any field to eventually move to HPA because of costings and simplicity, but it won't be the death of C02 in paintball due to the huge amount of mass retails sales of guns that use 12g, larger disposable C02 tanks, and refillable tanks. I don't see that market ever changing to compressed air any time soon.

If I had a field it would be HPA only.

Quote Originally Posted by PBSteve View Post
    Ah, now you've got my attention. 850 psi?
    I think they are pure energy/PMI/Empire regs - they are supposed to be around 800 output, but we have found many that don't put out more than 650

Some of our Rental fleet are pre "Rental" tag on the Model 98's, so we have had them for some time. So combination of old guns, and crappy QC on bottle output are contributing factors.

Styg

I bet the cheapest/easiest solution would be to buy some better reg springs for the tanks.

600 is a full 30% low, and with just a simple energy calc 250 is 30% less than 300 fps.

Supports Inception Designs
    A lot of the fields around here are switching to HPA only, they will rent HP cylinders to people with CO2...however at one of the fields I have run into issues on multiple occasions where their poorly maintained rental HPA tanks are outputting significantly higher PSI than designed and making it so valves in spyders and tippmanns won't even open far enough to shoot...pressure coming out of tank regs at 1000psi+

most of the time the tanks have the old style myth regs on them though i have seen a couple older pure energy regs doing the same thing...its like back in the day if you let a CO2 tank get really warm and the pressure would spike so high the guns wouldn't shoot...I end up getting batches of their tanks (20 or so) about once every other month for repairs, now they are mostly using the GI 48/3000 tanks with the crappy new style Draxxus regs...crappy for maintenance but at least the pressures don't spike on them.

Guerilla now has the lowest cost 48/3000 tank on the retail market according to a dealer e-mail i got. They are selling theirs for $39.95 i believe.

I'll stick with the ninja 48's, their regs are rock solid...

plus we get our retail versions custom printed and the bonnets lasered...they look damn good lol

Yeah, Ninja products are just better.
    H+
    Hustle Paintball Video Goon

That brings me to a thought I had this week... When did the market shift to (almost) purely ninja products? When I bought my crossfire tank back in... 08? They were the best of the best. Nobody knows anything but ninja now.