Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone Seen Any Teams Using The

We had to give ours away.

A solution in search of a problem, my rotor just works, runs forever and seems nearly indestructible.
    H+
    Hustle Paintball Video Goon

It also surprises me that the V-max 2 didn't fill in more of the market. My local field has as many V-max 1's as they do Rotors and a handful of players using either the old style Pinokio or Halos. One guy with a Prophecy Z2 and one guy with the V-max 2. No Spires or RDR anywhere around here.

The V-max 2 gives a player nearly everything they could want in a loader except for battery life. More capacity than the Z2 or Rotor. Smaller profile than the Pinokio. Toolless disassembly like the Spire and Rotor. Faster feed rate than the original, and for the price of a Halo Too. This speaks to how bad of a reputation Valken has gotten on their product quality.

Insider
    I actually like the theory of the VMax 2, but I wonder why their battery life is so terrible. The motor load issue seems to be alleviated just by keeping bulk weight off the feed cone - I'm surprised something similar to the shelf in the "Primo" gravity loader isn't implemented in more of the semi-force feed bracket. The genius of the rotor is in the counter-rotating indexing/sorter that regulates the flow of paint to the force feeding element.

I'd be curious if the Spire design is intentionally removing paint above the feed cone for this very reason. I'd be partial to something that sinks the heavier innards (batteries, motor) below the level of the top of the feedneck to reduce MOI

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker27 View Post
    I'd be partial to something that sinks the heavier innards (batteries, motor) below the level of the top of the feedneck to reduce MOI
    It does seem like there should be a way to solve this without obstructing the view along the side of the marker.
    Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

I work for the company building the Paragon

I guess it depends on the player, but I don't think I've ever really sighted straight down the gun in a way that an obstruction like that would annoy me.
    I don't know, fly casual

really?

this is one of the main reasons i love my revvy over everything else ... its far easier to see around. esp with modern form being that you get your nose right on the back of the gun. a narrower loader is much much much easier to see through, than a modern force feed. you have to look under a modern force feed, which is getting tougher and tougher to do because of shorter feednecks too.

all the more reason ... revvy >>>> anything else
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

I'm pretty sure the battery life problem on both V-maxes is due to a power leak. It will drain in about 24 hours with the loader turned off. Doesn't the new Pinokio Speed basically accomplish the issue of having the heavier bits below the feedneck?

I had one of the first Rotors. Worked fantastic. Traded it off with a gun later on. Bought another Rotor. I called it Bob Marley for reasons.

My favorite loader is my Prophecy before the board fried, twice. I love the extra wide mouth to feed paint and the extra capacity. I like being able to dump in a pod without having to waste paint or have a partial pod left. I sold my Z2 when I stopped playing with my school's team. Definitely needed the larger shell.

I have not been impressed by the speed of the Spire.

Once I owned 4 Halos because I hated cleaning them so I'd just rotate through them. Still what I rely on if I was to go out and play today. Or my Revolution for my pump.

Quote Originally Posted by cockerpunk View Post
    really?

this is one of the main reasons i love my revvy over everything else ... its far easier to see around. esp with modern form being that you get your nose right on the back of the gun. a narrower loader is much much much easier to see through, than a modern force feed. you have to look under a modern force feed, which is getting tougher and tougher to do because of shorter feednecks too.

all the more reason ... revvy >>>> anything else
    I guess I'm weird like that. One of my favorite combos is a Marq and Rotor, and that leaves almost no room due to the super low neck on the Marq, with the short Rotor sitting practically on the gun itself. Never had any issues with it.
    I don't know, fly casual

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewTheWookie View Post
    I guess I'm weird like that. One of my favorite combos is a Marq and Rotor, and that leaves almost no room due to the super low neck on the Marq, with the short Rotor sitting practically on the gun itself. Never had any issues with it.
    probably because you just look over the top of the loader (and my head) then.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.