Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: The Internet.

Insider
    That seems very expensive for a very shit service. I pay about £12 per month (inc tax) for a 6-7mbps dls There are some deals in the UK that are even cheaper than that. Actually, I think what I pay includes free weekend and evening calls too. Just need to add line rental onto that. I had always assumed that the US would be cheaper for such a service. Your ISP's are taking the piss.

Later this month our phone exchange switches to fibre, so I can "upgrade" to circa 40-50mbps for, er, the same price.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Wood View Post
    That seems very expensive for a very shit service. I pay about £12 per month (inc tax) for a 6-7mbps dls There are some deals in the UK that are even cheaper than that. Actually, I think what I pay includes free weekend and evening calls too. Just need to add line rental onto that. I had always assumed that the US would be cheaper for such a service. Your ISP's are taking the piss.

Later this month our phone exchange switches to fibre, so I can "upgrade" to circa 40-50mbps for, er, the same price.
    but you see jack, if we did that here in the US of A, that would make us communists. i know, we'd have faster internet, for cheaper, more efficient use of resources, but we'd also be SUBSIDIZING FAILURE! ENTITLEMENT NATION!!!11!!!47%11!!!!!

this is why we can't have nice things
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.