Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Planet Eclipse Etek HPR Belleville Disc Dimensions

Planet Eclipse Etek HPR Belleville Disc Dimensions

Hello all.

I was wondering if the masses of Inception could help me. I recently bought an Etek HPR that was missing the spring washer stack.

ie. see page 7
    http://www.p8ntbox.com/manuels/etek1.pdf

Dealing with finding replacements through Eclipse in Canada (ie. Badlands) and the seller has taken longer than I would like. The parts either aren't available anymore or I'm facing a bit of a "stonewall."

I'm wondering if anyone could give me the dimensions on the discs.

-inner diameter
    -outer diameter
    -thickness of washer
    -height from the apex of the "curve" to the base (ie. overall heigh of the disc)

Material and force of compression would be awesome, but I'll settle for what someone can quickly give me with a caliper (ie. dimensions).

I'm trying to source a substitute from Grainger, etc. Any suggestions as to part numbers would be appreciated.

Thanks.

If you have a pair of calipers, you could calculate the necessary spring rate needed to reach a certain output pressure.

I have no confidence in that theory, but it currently makes sense to me.

Have you tried contacting PE?

Yes, I have contacted PE. Badlands is the exclusive distributor for PE in Canada. They are currently "searching through their stores across the nation." However, that was ~2 weeks ago if I remember correctly. PE international/USA is not allowed to hold a dialog with me due to the fact that I'm a Canadian and Badlands has stated exclusive distribution rights.

I would gladly substitute a spring with the same compressive force/length, but I don't know those. I believe it will be easier to replace the Bellevilles due to the fact someone can give me their dimensions easier. Badlands has told me that the Etek 2 hpr spring is not a drop in replacement.
    Last edited by Jaccen; 09-15-2014 at 07:38 PM.

Supports Inception Designs
    If you find any at a company that is US based I could help drop ship to you.

Another option could be to upgrade the reg; but that is way more expensive than belelville disks. Could always send Jack a PM here and see what he says. He's always been helpful when I've asked him questions.
    Last edited by skibbo; 09-15-2014 at 08:12 PM.
    Team Akkadian Paintball Squad

B.S. Mechanical Engineering UW-Platteville 2012

Quote Originally Posted by neftaly
    Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever.

Thank you for the generous offer.

If someone can send me the dimensions, I hope to order the parts from one of the following:

http://www.grainger.com/

http://www.amazonsupply.com/

McMaster-Carr does not sell to Canadians. I could go into why, but it only baffles me what with our "global economy" and the "terrorists" here in Canada. I digress.

My hope is to get the dimensions, find a suitable substitute on MCM (their website is the best for finding stuff in my experience), and then find a comparable part on Amazon/Grainger. Grainger has an office in my area and Amazon ships to me.

If Mr. Wood would like to help me, I'd be more than gracious. However, I believe it would be disrespectful of his time to ask for help with an item not bought directly from his company that is no longer supported. My issue isn't so much that his company no longer supports the item; it's that the seller has been slow on sending me the disc dimensions or a suitable replacement. Thus, I plan to solve the problem myself............well, once a kind individual gives me the dimensions

Insider
    Send me an email jack.w@planeteclipse.com and I'll get you sorted out with some.
    Jack

Supports Inception Designs
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Wood View Post
    Send me an email jack.w@planeteclipse.com and I'll get you sorted out with some.
    Jack
    Another reason PE and this forum rock.

Thank you Mr. Wood. I have sent an email.

I know everyone here already realizes that Mr. Wood is an outstanding addition to the "paintball universe," but I thought it necessary to reiterate it.

I received the discs. Thanks very much. Cheers.