Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Some Pro Teams - 2015 and beyond?

As a ballpark figure, what would it cost to run a pro team for a year in the PSP? $100k plus salaries?
    https://www.instagram.com/vijil/
    I draw guns and spaceships and bunnies

I know of top teams that had huge sponsorship and still spent hundreds of thousands of dollars out of their own pockets to make things work. That's NOT including salaries...

Damage got around $400,000 from their private owner and a HUGE Dye sponsorship on top!

Impact's salary bill is somewhere around $300,000...

Why not own a field where kids go play for free with that kind of money.

For many of the private owners it is/was their hobby, or they had family involved.

Damage it was CJ's hobby and he played on the team.

Impact it is Bart's hobby and his son plays on the team.

Vicious it was their hobby, Bryan played on the team and they did it to help a whole bunch of local kids.

Heat it is his hobby and his son plays on the team (again this year although he didn't last year).

I would say that it is more like owning a racing team, it usually is more money out the door than in but it is the passion of the owner which keeps things afloat.

If the main reason behind the budgets of pro paintball teams was to draw new players into the sport I would say they totally fail and with $100,000 (or way less) you could hook the next generation of players into the sport to ensure that there is an industry in the long term but that is not gonna happen.
    Proudly Brought To You By: ThisISPaintball, Pinnacle Paintball, PaintballPhotography.com
    Seasons Past:
    Spikes 5150, Spikes Fuel Xtreme, Mystic Warriors, Birmingham Bulldogs, Inro-MORTIFIEURS, ChopShop, SportAgressor Russia, Buffalo CRUsh, Malmo Furious, Canadian Response & Canadian Express

It sounds like then the sport's professional leagues hinge on the strength of recruiting and retaining multi-millionaires to the sport.

Insider
    Naughty Dogs ran a similar bill as Damage and Impact.

If we got sponsored by Airplane companies, or hotels, then the price would go down a lot.
    Josh Coray
    J4 Paintball
    Lead Design
    www.j4paintball.com

Quote Originally Posted by pbjosh View Post
    If we got sponsored by Airplane companies, or hotels, then the price would go down a lot.
    honestly this why i dont play national events.

not the event entry cost, not the paint bill, the travel bill. i cannot imagine trying to keep a non-local player pro team together, and keep them practicing enough to stay on top for a whole year. bob was right about pro teams in 2007-2008 when he backed out. its insane that they actually even exist.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

And Damage is back into the fold.

Proudly Brought To You By: ThisISPaintball, Pinnacle Paintball, PaintballPhotography.com
    Seasons Past:
    Spikes 5150, Spikes Fuel Xtreme, Mystic Warriors, Birmingham Bulldogs, Inro-MORTIFIEURS, ChopShop, SportAgressor Russia, Buffalo CRUsh, Malmo Furious, Canadian Response & Canadian Express

A-Rod who left Ironmen now will be playing with Dynasty. Had assumed so with him at Dynasty practice but now is on the APPA roster for the Dynarats.