Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Some Pro Teams - 2015 and beyond?

Insider
    In light of the recent departure of several pro teams.... my mind has been wandering thinking of a lot of what if scenarios...
    Like....what if the league basically condensed down to 8-10 teams... the ownership says we are going to split the expenses across the board...so all players get a flat salary...they basically play and practice for free with x amount of money....they only get one set of equipment so they arent dumping our products on the market and ruining the retail sales of the people who made us weathly....there is no event to event prize for pros... and there is no season prize other than a big ass trophy...
    Again this was just a random thought but... the logic is that with less teams, the money could be condensed to make those 8-10 teams very well funded and ensure a ..or more likely...long term existence. if a team has 4 guys retire or move on... they could hold a try out and easily fill he void with not as much of the player pool spread out over dozens of pro teams like now....

isnt that basically what NPPL was doing or trying to do?

Insider
    Not sure if that was the plan...I remember back in the first nxl season the Gardner's had a salary per player per match for the philly guys... I always thought that was more of how it should be for those guys.

Raza is dropping Houston Heat:

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4546769

My interpretation of that is that Houston Heat got a sponsor to pay them more than RAZA, and then total chaos ensued when Greg Siewers blacked out his 2014 jersey pictures to remove the RAZA logo.

Wow didn't even notice the blackout when Greg posted that to Instagram. #Drama
    Proudly Brought To You By: ThisISPaintball, Pinnacle Paintball, PaintballPhotography.com
    Seasons Past:
    Spikes 5150, Spikes Fuel Xtreme, Mystic Warriors, Birmingham Bulldogs, Inro-MORTIFIEURS, ChopShop, SportAgressor Russia, Buffalo CRUsh, Malmo Furious, Canadian Response & Canadian Express

Insider
    Well..just read xsv drops out...

Question

Is pro paintball the canary in the coal mine ?

Is dwindling sponsorship a sign of another US economic downturn around the corner ?

Guess time will tell.

endeavor to persevere.......

Pro paintball is the canary in the coal mine for competitive speedball and perhaps paintball overall. All other indicators would point to a continued boom for the US economy.

Quote Originally Posted by going_home View Post
    Is pro paintball the canary in the coal mine ?

Is dwindling sponsorship a sign of another US economic downturn around the corner ?

Guess time will tell.

lol

there is always another economic downturn around the corner. if you think this big whigs at paintball companies know when its going to happen next that pretty foolish. they can't even figure out the basics of the paintball industry, how are the supposed to be predict the course of the world economy?
    Last edited by cockerpunk; 01-01-2015 at 08:09 PM.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.