Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122

Thread: What needs to happen to speedball to keep it relevant?

Insider
    All of these features are definitely added complexity from a gear standpoint.
    Yes. But from a 'customer watching this on PPV' the results would be fantastic. :P
    Josh Coray
    J4 Paintball
    Lead Design
    www.j4paintball.com

We absolutely need to get the game right for players before we worry about televising anything.
    Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

I work for the company building the Paragon

Insider
    We absolutely need to get the game right for players before we worry about televising anything.
    Nah - screw the players. Television is not for the people on reality shows, it is edited for the consumer. :P
    Josh Coray
    J4 Paintball
    Lead Design
    www.j4paintball.com

Speaking of editing, I'm always surprised that there's such an emphasis from the webcam to have it live. I would think they could edit together a more interesting match than they can show with live play-by-play.

Why not prepare for both at once?

I honestly believe that a format that is genuinely watchable will also be fun for players. At the very least, the concepts are not exclusive. It is certainly possible to come up with a format that's TV friendly, player friendly, wallet friendly, field friendly, newbie friendly and uninitiated-viewer friendly. At *the very least* we can do a heckload better than we are. It's just a matter of figuring out what that looks like. Some of the ideas in this thread are getting darned close imo.
    Last edited by vijil; 02-23-2015 at 03:00 AM.
    https://www.instagram.com/vijil/
    I draw guns and spaceships and bunnies