Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: What needs to happen to speedball to keep it relevant?

Quote Originally Posted by Unfated33 View Post
    Huh, I seemed to remember seeing Tyger talk about the death of paintball and then never heard of him again. He mostly fits in the lost decade of time when I wasn't involved in paintball. And I'm unsure whether this should be ironic or not, but I have a difficult time distinguishing some of the stuff I see from what TB Wright was posting around the same time.
    honestly ... pretty similar in style there near the end.

oh TB ... he was just hilarious, not as sad as the martyrdom of tyger. at least tyger wasn't always just a whiner. ok, maybe he was, but a whiner that made some good contributions ....
    Last edited by cockerpunk; 10-17-2014 at 11:26 AM.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

I said this multiple times before but Paintball is as expensive as golf but marketed toward 16-25 y/o without money.

Also, I took a friend to PSP WC in 2013, after he spent a day there, his conclusion was "seems like this sport is full of riff raffs".

Quote Originally Posted by cockerpunk View Post
    honestly ... pretty similar in style there near the end.

oh TB ... he was just hilarious, not as sad as the martyrdom of tyger. at least tyger wasn't always just a whiner. ok, maybe he was, but a whiner that made some good contributions ....
    I have a hard time taking a guy seriously when he dresses up as a cat at events. I met the guy at Shatnerball and thought "What a loony toon..."

Cockerpunk: Your avatar is Canadian. Perhaps we are slowly getting in your head.

Perhaps we should call out rules changes as the game goes with no warning to the players and change the name from "Speedball" to "Calvinball".

Quote Originally Posted by davros View Post
    perhaps we should call out rules changes as the game goes with no warning to the players and change the name from "speedball" to "calvinball".
    Now we're talkin'.
    Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

I work for the company building the Paragon

Insider
    Perhaps we should call out rules changes as the game goes with no warning to the players and change the name from "Speedball" to "Calvinball".
    I have to agree with Steve on this. CalvinBall would be the best ever.

Instead of 1-4-1 there is a random 'suckage' card that applies to your team only.

It would make paintball totally watchable also.

Quote Originally Posted by cockerpunk View Post
    im not friends with any Canadians ... for good reason .... hehehe
    Sounds like he's from canuckistan to me aye ?

I certainly have been wrong before but sounds like it fits pumpscouts comment.

endeavor to persevere.......

Speaking of which, where is Gordon More? I haven't seen him around in forever - probably should subscribe to his youtube channel.

What's with all the Canadian hate here? What have we ever done to deserve it?

edit - Pretty sure gmore is Canadian.. and from Vancouver area IIRC. Those bunkers remind me of VPL bunkers...

No hate here.

If you are happy living where you are unarmed and defenseless, well I guess somebody has to do it.

Plenty of police state areas in the US too.

Glad to be in the state with the highest number of concealed weapons permits.

endeavor to persevere.......