Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Quadcopter build

Yeah, there's a lot of options from multi rotors to fixed wing systems. A dji f550 should be able to do it, or I'm sure OP probably has some suggestions too.

Birmingham, UK (originally a Seattle native)
    The DJI Inspire 1 looks very interesting. I did look into a heavy-lift copter for some C500 work I was doing - turned out to be tens of thousands, and even then flight times were in the ~10 minute range, so it didn't seem worth it in the end. We also had some very interesting talks with the B'ham police. Apparently flying a large drone over the city at night was frowned upon.

Insider
    So my "office" got one of these for totally "not commercial purposes" of "looking at rooftop equipment"... DJI Phantom 2 Vision

We've been "practicing" with it in the office... The instructions say "Don't Panic" but that needs to be written far more often in them, in really bold letters...

First Chris gave it a whirl, resulted in this:

Then I tried my hand at it...

Bill can you hook us up with more propellers??? And guards? LOL!

Only 1 more set of spare propellers... if it wasn't like 8* outside we'd be flying it in the parking lot.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Supports Inception Designs
    Yeah you pretty much should just buy 100 props because on these bigger ones you're going to mow through them.

Pics of the family. The 250 is "done" as of today, with the introduction of the Mobius cam.

The Super-X is getting fpv gear whenever ReadyMadeRC gets some stuff back in stock I've had backordered for a while.

There's a couple more side shots of the Strider in this album if anyone is curious.

Supports Inception Designs
    Good question. The LiPos don't fare too well in the cold and I have to scope out good spots to fly around here. It's a little scary flying a blender around our 1.25 acres.

Feel free to visit. I have some decent open space. Enough for helicopters so shouldn't be an issue for these

Insider
    Public service announcement: The propeller guards from DJI are damn near useless, since in a strong breeze (or hard maneuver) they'll flex enough to come into contact with the props... shredded the tips on a few today just buzzing around the parking lot.

Flying these outdoors is definitely better! I think I'll have to look into these fancier models once I get better at flying this one.
    Draws houses, doesn't own markers that aren't single tube designs, unapologetic AGD zealot.

Wow, haven't visited these forums for at least a year, and here you go on talking about quads =)

Here is my budget build

quad.jpg

Basically 10mm dovels and some 4mm plywood

Cheap NTM motors from hobbyking, lemon receiver, esc's and multiwii flip 1.5 from http://www.readytoflyquads.com/

30$ quanum goggles from Hobbyking, ~60$ vrx/vtx + security camera from securitycamera2000

For the money spent, it works beatifully. Amazing how well the 15$ flip 1.5 flight controller works, flies really steadily. I have since upgraded to a carbon frame, but honestly I can't really notice a huge benifit

I have since upgraded to a carbon frame, but honestly I can't notice much of a benifit, except it looks cooler

Insider
    Draws houses, doesn't own markers that aren't single tube designs, unapologetic AGD zealot.