Thread: Nicky T Leaves PE For Virtue

Nicky T Leaves PE For Virtue

Nick Truter is parting ways with Planet Eclipse after a decade of service to join Virtue Paintball as the Director of Sales and Marketing in Europe. The position Nick is filling will be created specifically to help Virtue grow the leading goggle and loader brand not only in Europe, but worldwide.

"This has been a year of considerable change for me; both personally and now professionally. I am very proud of the part that I have played in the evolution of Planet Eclipse and would like to thank everyone who I have worked with there and wish them all the best,” said Nick Truter. “My future sees me take on a fresh challenge, embrace new surroundings and grow into my new role with one of the most dynamic, exciting and energetic companies in the industry; Virtue Paintball."

Nick has been playing paintball for the last 25 years, starting when he was just 12 years old. As a founding member of pro team Nexus, and one of the original England X-Ball members, Nick is one of the most recognizable players not only in the history of UK paintball, but the world.

"In the 8 or so years I've know Nicky T any interaction with him was always more than pleasant. Any time his name came up there was a similar consensus of ‘We're not sure what his title is, but he'll help you with anything, and everybody loves him’,” said Mike Newman, President of Virtue Paintball

Before joining Planet Eclipse, Nick worked for 8 years with Smart Parts Europe. As an avid paintball player Nick has parlayed his shooting skills into success in Sporting Clays where has an aspiration to represent England one day in the sport.

“Nick is about as well rounded as you can get both as a Paintball Player and Industry Player, and I'm certain will be a worldwide asset for Virtue Paintball. We are all super excited to be working together with him," said Mike Newman

In August, 2012 Virtue Paintball unveiled the Spire. Its purpose was to deliver to the best players in the world a jam-proof feeding system, fast tool-less assembly, in an aggressive, light weight, compact design that holds more paint than its competitors. A year later, the Spire 260, was launched, which brought a whopping 260 round capacity loader to the market that was still smaller than it’s sub-200 round competitors.

In early 2014, Virtue began shipping the revolutionary VIO goggle system, which is being widely regarded as the most comfortable and customizable goggle in paintball. Within two years, Virtue Paintball has become The Leader in Goggle and Loader Technology.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Truter View Post
    Hey folks,

Apologies for the slight delay in editing my initial post to encompass the information below....

As many of you may be aware 2014 has thrown a few curveballs to me and my family. It has forced me to look at my life, both from personal and professional aspects and re-evaluate everything. Life forced me to re-prioritise and gave me a chance to arrange things so that they better suited my requirements.

My decision to leave Planet Eclipse is not one that I have taken lightly. Eclipse are more than just employers; Ledz, Jules, Jacko and everyone else working there are like family and I have the utmost amount of respect for the way that they combine their collective skills to keep the company on the cutting edge of the industry. I was a part of that and am proud of the part that I have played in their history.

A big part of my role was assisting on forums under the user name of Nicky T, with the associated Eclipse accreditations and signatures. That information is still valid and applicable to many newcomers to Eclipse products and practices so I declined the option to continue using that user name in favour of drawing a clear distinction between my careers by setting up a new user name; Nick Truter.

The next week or so I am officially on vacation. Ive got a trip planned to Moscow in early November to visit APG Russia and help them celebrate their twentieth anniversary of being in business and whilst I am there I will be honouring a commitment that I have made to Eclipse to run some tech courses out there for them. Whilst this might seem odd to some, to be it is an indication of the trust and faith that both Eclipse and Virtue have in me and the professionalism that they have both shown since my decision.

I'm excited about what the future holds and look forward to catching up with everyone soon.

Nicky T

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4451393
    endeavor to persevere.......

Always dealt with NickyT at events and I line support. Sad to see him leave.

Best of luck to him though.