Thread: CAD File Help

CAD File Help

Some time ago I had a cd or folder or magical grab bag of 1,000's of different 3d files for valves, gauges, pipes, screws, couplers, and all manner of things commercial/industrial. I have no idea where it got to and quite frankly I've spent all day yesterday trolling the internet for such a directory. Anyone have any idea where to look for such a collection of files? Much appreciated and a beer/whiskey at PBE if you are attending this year!

Mcmaster?
    Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

I work for the company building the Paragon

yea i've tried them, they have a couple of the things I was looking for but it takes forever to find it. I have looked at mcmastercarr, thomasnet, traceparts, and a couple dozen other sites. What I am really looking for is one big directory I know its out there somewhere.

Well let us know if you find it, sounds like something I'd be grateful to have.
    Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

I work for the company building the Paragon

Ill have to start booting up the stack of old drives at the house and see if its tucked away on any of them.... grrr

I usually hit up grabcad for nuts/bolts and other hardware (that Mcmaster carr doesn't have)

example:
    http://grabcad.com/library/an-fittin...her-hardware-1

Was it a content center disk from Inventor or Solid works or similar? Or was it some 3rd party source?