Page 173 of 418 FirstFirst ... 73123163171172173174175183223273 ... LastLast
Results 1,721 to 1,730 of 4172

Thread: The OT thread V1

I spy an early Ecoboost F-150. Apparently the early ones had some cooling issues that caused them to have to move the license plate to the side. Problems since resolved, but one of those things I've picked up in the last few months.

Insider
    That Miata pic reminds me of my pic from my move from WA to TX.

It is a row of trucks at work. In the middle of all those clean trucks is a dirty little VW Golf.

Love that the trucks are clean but the little MX obviously hit it at high speed.
    Josh Coray
    J4 Paintball
    Lead Design
    www.j4paintball.com

Can I admit I'm having some second thoughts and bittersweet feelings today?

A few months ago I took a new job that significantly increased my pay while also significantly decreasing my workload and stress. It's with a good company and it is in a good market that I want to work in, but if I'm being honest, it's not the #1 company in the industry that I've always wanted to work for. Well, yesterday, the company I left in June was purchased by the #1 company in the industry. My coworkers that stayed behind are all very excited and there's lots of promise of growth and opportunity in this new division.

I honestly don't know that I would have survived another 4 months in my old company, and I guess it wouldn't just magically change overnight even with new ownership, but I have to admit feeling a bit jealous to the people getting this new opportunity.

The next big thing to come from Japan....... Creeper Van racing:

Insider
    My co-worker is TOTALLY excited to see that. He builds early econolines, and loves Japan.

Unfated: Going to Fulda?
    Last edited by pbjosh; 10-04-2016 at 01:45 PM.
    Josh Coray
    J4 Paintball
    Lead Design
    www.j4paintball.com

Quote Originally Posted by Unfated33 View Post
    Can I admit I'm having some second thoughts and bittersweet feelings today?

A few months ago I took a new job that significantly increased my pay while also significantly decreasing my workload and stress. It's with a good company and it is in a good market that I want to work in, but if I'm being honest, it's not the #1 company in the industry that I've always wanted to work for. Well, yesterday, the company I left in June was purchased by the #1 company in the industry. My coworkers that stayed behind are all very excited and there's lots of promise of growth and opportunity in this new division.

I honestly don't know that I would have survived another 4 months in my old company, and I guess it wouldn't just magically change overnight even with new ownership, but I have to admit feeling a bit jealous to the people getting this new opportunity.
    You made the right move for you at the time for you. Yes, if this, if that; you would be in a better situation it. That is a lot of s3cond guessing. Know that if you didn't move, and stuck it out for the next 4 months, you might have been totally soured over the move regardless of who it is with.

Now, with me, #1 is nothing but a target. If you at your job can actively change the situation of your company, i.e. take them from #2 to #1 or even impliment changes that your dream job has. Then why move? Hell do a good enough job and your dream company might even try to snipe you from your current company. As long as you are happy, doing what you want; it shouldn't matter who the letterhead says or the symbol on you ID badge.

You made the move cause you needed to. Don't look back. Never have regrets. They will weigh you down better than 1000 anchors...

Quote Originally Posted by pbjosh View Post
    My co-worker is TOTALLY excited to see that. He builds early econolines, and loves Japan.

Unfated: Going to Fulda?
    I would love to go to Fulda, but I still haven't fully recovered from my car accident in August. I haven't been able to get back to being active without post-concussion symptoms. I may try to show up just to see what's going on with exhibitors, but I heard there was less of that last year.

Nobody: Totally agree - I'd make the same decision every time with the information I had then, and probably even if I'd known they would be purchased. 4 months and counting of lower stress was worth a lot. I doubt the current company will be #1 any time soon but they're still great to work with. I've been superman the past few months updating their best practices. Thanks for the last line - it helps to hear someone else say it.

Insider
    I will say from experience, that when I was 'forced' to make a move it has almost always been a forward movement. In one area it was a bit of a joke to say if you wanted a pay raise just work for the other engineering firm for a couple months. Well, I did that and ended up with both more respect and better positions and pay. Bouncing like that took me further in 6 years than the 6 years I had in one company. And has more than doubled my pay.

Give it a year or two, and then see if you still want to go back. With a more rounded resume they should be able to give you a bit more in pay and a more senior position, if possible.

We should be there, so if you show up, let us know.
    Last edited by pbjosh; 10-05-2016 at 02:58 PM.
    Josh Coray
    J4 Paintball
    Lead Design
    www.j4paintball.com

Insider
    I'll be at Fulda... if anyone cares...
    Dear boy, I work at Planet Eclipse, don't you know..

Insider
    Good chance I will be - I have some buddies with moonshine floating around.
    Josh Coray
    J4 Paintball
    Lead Design
    www.j4paintball.com