Page 14 of 418 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114 ... LastLast

Thread: The OT thread V1

Quote Originally Posted by Davros View Post
    Dayspring: So glad to hear that your wife is OK. As someone whose kidneys did fail I get allot of reading material from the hospital and sometimes it talks about pregnancy and kidney disease. They mention not to get pregnant, just don't, but if you do get a doctor who specializes in complicated pregnancies. Some of the material would talk about pregnancy triggered kidney problems. It can be a really bad scene. Your heart and kidneys affect each other and being pregnant affects everything. A bad cascading series of health problems can occur. So if your wife decides to have another child please be super careful, even by pregnancy standards. However, having said all that, you know this time. I am sure they can help if ot happens again and it is detected early..
    We've had our 2nd and last child already. We've made sure there are no others on the way.

Neat animated infografics show how stuff works:

http://sploid.gizmodo.com/cool-anima...ork-1672955399

Dayspring: Glad to hear another one come OK. Very infographic link. very cool.

I would just like to publicly reaffirm my affinity for both Jack Daniels and cigars.
    BigEvilOnline.com - Home of the bad, bad automag people.

I'm a fan of Red Bull with a cigar. For me, they go very well together.

Crazy day yesterday. Visited Top Gun. Got a migraine. Recovered. Got my manual mill up and running...

Now to use it to build the frame for the drift trike

Mmmm, manual mill. The metal I could ruin with one of those.

It sucks. I have some ideas that I think would be really neat, but I know nearly nothing about machining or metal working. Really wishing I'd paid more attention in tech ed back in school now.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Crazy day yesterday. Visited Top Gun. Got a migraine. Recovered. Got my manual mill up and running...

Now to use it to build the frame for the drift trike
    Check your PMs.

Lazy Christmas day here, went to see Into the Woods (not quite as good as the stage, but still excellent) with the family, came back and binged on more movies haha.

Simon: Maybe I missed it but what're you gonna power the trike with?

just snagged a 4k monitor for my rig

not sure if my single 780 will be good enough any more

I have a second 780 collecting dust but last time I ran my benchmarking software in SLI it shut down after about 5 minutes due to overheating

really fond of single card setups but even the best single GPU's on the market right now are only just barely capable of keeping up with rendering 4k at mid to high settings

most of the benchmark videos that I have seen show a single 780 barely chugging along between 15-30 fps across most games at high settings, and the new 980's are barely breaking 45 most of the time as well

dont want to SLI but I will if it means playability, just need to figure out a cooling solution that will keep the cards from killing themselves
    ABET accredited level II machinist - CNC Programmer - Mechanical Engineering Technologist
    Rio Grande Inc.