Page 125 of 418 FirstFirst ... 2575115123124125126127135175225 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,250 of 4172

Thread: The OT thread V1

maybe in about 3 more years

I have a 4k pc monitor and love it but it absolutely punishes my gpu, and it is no slouch

gravity waves confirmed! the rumors were true! LIGO FTW
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Quote Originally Posted by cockerpunk View Post
    gravity waves confirmed! the rumors were true! LIGO FTW
    I saw that it was still unconfirmed (as of yesterday). Do you happen to have the link that does confirm?

If anyone here is interested, Wald wrote the definitive introduction to GR, although Sean Carroll's book is probably more approachable (you can probably handle it if you've had 3 semesters of calculus and a course in linear algebra).
    Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

I work for the company building the Paragon

http://gammaray.nsstc.nasa.gov/gbm/p...o_preprint.pdf

Now that's interesting. Fermi collaborated with LIGO and confirmed there was a Gamma ray burst in the same vicinity as the source of the gravitational waves.

Pretty cool that we can measure both gamma and gravitational emissions from a single event.

Quote Originally Posted by PBSteve View Post
    http://gammaray.nsstc.nasa.gov/gbm/p...o_preprint.pdf

Now that's interesting. Fermi collaborated with LIGO and confirmed there was a Gamma ray burst in the same vicinity as the source of the gravitational waves.

Pretty cool that we can measure both gamma and gravitational emissions from a single event.
    human beings can do anything they want to.

if they set their minds to it.

i love the line from lovel in Apollo 13 "its not amazing we landed on the moon, we just decided to go"
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

This is a high current PCB. Pretty cool.

Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

I work for the company building the Paragon

Went to see Deadpool with the wife and some friends. By far the funniest movie I've seen in a long time. Plus you get the gratuitous violence, naked chicks and an honest to goodness love story.