Page 126 of 418 FirstFirst ... 2676116124125126127128136176226 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,260 of 4172

Thread: The OT thread V1

This is probably more significant to the development of Physics than the re-confirmation of GR: http://www.symmetrymagazine.org/arti..._content=click

man bad weekend for cars around me.

-last week GF's car gets totaled by someone not yielding on a left hand turn
    -yesterday fix up my brothers focus SVT all afternoon, brakes, oil etc, and then last night it, and his soon to be wife's car get totalled by a drunk driver who hit them, then drove off down the block, my brother chased him down in socks in 10 degrees, and he fell out of the car drunk. was arrested later, DWI and leaving the scene
    -today at ice fun bug-eye WRX waste-gate actuator seizes up, no boosts
    -the other bug-eye WRX blows its turbo (probably) burning oil like crazy
    -Jetta GLI breaks it downpipe after an airborn excursion.
    -the tow truck towing the above WRX breaks down

but the ol' white miata, we were airborn several times on the lake today, but no trouble at all. well, did end up knocking the air filter off we were getting jostled around so much, but nothing a flathead couldnt fix

GF bought a 2.5L golf. really reminded me of my old GTI, which i really liked. the 2.5 5 banger is a great engine IMO, one of the better ones VW made in the USA i think.
    Last edited by cockerpunk; 02-14-2016 at 11:20 PM.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Quote Originally Posted by cockerpunk View Post
    man bad weekend for cars around me.

-last week GF's car gets totaled by someone not yielding on a left hand turn
    -yesterday fix up my brothers focus SVT all afternoon, brakes, oil etc, and then last night it, and his soon to be wife's car get totalled by a drunk driver who hit them, then drove off down the block, my brother chased him down in socks in 10 degrees, and he fell out of the car drunk. was arrested later, DWI and leaving the scene
    -today at ice fun bug-eye WRX waste-gate actuator seizes up, no boosts
    -the other bug-eye WRX blows its turbo (probably) burning oil like crazy
    -Jetta GLI breaks it downpipe after an airborn excursion.
    -the tow truck towing the above WRX breaks down

but the ol' white miata, we were airborn several times on the lake today, but no trouble at all. well, did end up knocking the air filter off we were getting jostled around so much, but nothing a flathead couldnt fix

GF bought a 2.5L golf. really reminded me of my old GTI, which i really liked. the 2.5 5 banger is a great engine IMO, one of the better ones VW made in the USA i think.

Just remember, no matter what the question is, miata is always the correct answer. Unless of course the question is "That car that you just got running in the garage where I'm supposed to be parked, what is it?" Then the answer is conditionally miata, because I don't have it running yet.

ABET accredited level II machinist - CNC Programmer - Mechanical Engineering Technologist
    Rio Grande Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by 63VDub View Post
    Just remember, no matter what the question is, miata is always the correct answer. Unless of course the question is "That car that you just got running in the garage where I'm supposed to be parked, what is it?" Then the answer is conditionally miata, because I don't have it running yet.
    it really is. the longer i own one, the firmer my decision to always own one. when old snow white does finally die, im just going to buy another one. its literally the perfect car. cheap to buy, cheap to own, cheap to fix, cheap to upgrade, easy to work on, everyone and there uncle knows how to fix them, and the obvious prerequisites of all cars: RWD and manual.

i think this summer mine is going to get the new flyin miata 3 inch lift kit. because miata is always the answer. even when the question is "what is the ideal winter daily driver and ice racing car"
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

also best quote of ice fun was after explaining to lucas his bug eye wouldnt turn-in for me:

"its a subaru, it doesn't want to turn"

haha, AWD cars are all the same crap ... get them turned any way you can and mash the throttle.

AvE is skookum as frigg. I'm glad I discovered that channel a couple months ago on r/machinists.

tire shopping season.

how many sets of wheels and tires this year gordon?

Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

I work for the company building the Paragon

wow, ford i guess makes engines with the without a keyway or some reference holder for the cam to the cam gear/pulley.

thats a really bad design.