Page 176 of 418 FirstFirst ... 76126166174175176177178186226276 ... LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,760 of 4172

Thread: The OT thread V1

Quote Originally Posted by PBSteve View Post
    Isn't the 10nm samsung stuff for SOIC? I know Intel has been down to 7nm for their processors
    Kaby Lake (the 7000 series processors) is set for 14nm, and you are correct that Samsung is using 10nm for SOIC.

IBM has a working 7nm prototype apparently - not sure about Intel.

Happy Birthday to our British Mad Scientist!

Quote Originally Posted by Dayspring View Post
    Kaby Lake (the 7000 series processors) is set for 14nm, and you are correct that Samsung is using 10nm for SOIC.

IBM has a working 7nm prototype apparently - not sure about Intel.
    Ah you're right about intel, I think I'd heard about them working on it and got confused.

Pretty crazy to have 10nm SOIC. Who's gonna be the first to run it on a pb marker :P

Insider
    Happy Birthday Simon!

I did not know it was SImon's birthday. Definitely add my voice to the chorus of well wishers. Happy birthday, Simon.

In years passed, the paintball world held an event just for him called the World Cup. Simon used to get a cup from everyone down in Florida

That explains all those pro players were bragging that they "won Simon Steven's birthday".

Things Come Apart

https://m.imgur.com/a/t5UZ8

oooof guy at the track today put his FRS into a cement barrier and she lit up, and he left in an ambulance.

ego + lack of experience is the worst combination. add big power and you really have a recipe for disaster.

people think the car matters, it doesn't. only thing that matters is knowing how to control it. sadly, he learned with an ambulance ride. take a class, always bring and instructor, always check your ego at the gate ... driving is no joke. it can be very dangerous. and big power builds and ego are two most dangerous things.
    Last edited by cockerpunk; 10-23-2016 at 09:11 PM.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Insider
    Focus RS?

Unfortunately trackdays appear to be the same the world over. Always one that flips it or spanks it into a barrier.

Having said that, I have hit the tyre wall. At some point, when pushing the limits of your car and yourself you reach a point where that extra 1mm of throttle attitude, the 2m later on the brakes, or that split second moment of lack of concentration results in an off. And in some of these toys, it becomes a very expensive lesson/learning curve.
    Dear boy, I work at Planet Eclipse, don't you know..