Page 19 of 418 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969119 ... LastLast

Thread: The OT thread V1

not a huge fan of the reciprocating charging handle or the fact that you need a torque wrench when reinstalling the barrel...I can build one hell of a nice 300/308 for less than either of the other two tho...but in general yes more guns = better

Insider
    Spent the weekend with the wife on the Riverwalk in San Antonio. Very much needed.

I have a 8 week project due in 4 weeks here at work. They fired the last guy who couldn't do the work last week. Yay. I love day jobs.
    Josh Coray
    J4 Paintball
    Lead Design
    www.j4paintball.com

Currently cleaning up 4 double lock vises for the new mill. A bunch of shitty work but it saved me approx $4300! So it's worth the effort. Manufacturing stuff is so insanely expensive

Quote Originally Posted by going_home View Post
    Just bought an 02 Honda CRV from a friend, for what I sold the S10 for.

Finally something that holds more than 2 people and gets more than 12 mpg.

I have to watch myself in it or I find myself zooming in traffic with that stick shift.

I see now why those darn kids in Hondas drive like they are in a race.

Those CRV's are fun little cars to drive.

Quote Originally Posted by Dayspring View Post
    Made some bangin' fire roasted tomato soup today. Bringing some of that over to my folks tonight - dad had back surgery and needs a dose of grandkids to get out of the funk he's in.

Mrs. is making fresh bread from scratch to bring over as well.

Can anybody say "grilled cheese and tomato soup"? I know I can!
    Home mad bread and tomato soup... making my mouth water. Well it is lunch time...

Quote Originally Posted by pote View Post
    Finally got around to installing the lo-profile gas block, free float handguard and muzzle brake on the AR I built a few months back. It's snowing like crazy here right now. Got a couple of my cockers sold to help pay for some classes at PBE, still have a lot more to move to finish paying for stuff tho...Also trying to decide if I want to build a 300blk/308 AR or buy an ACR/Scar....decisions, decisions....
    I want to build a 308 AR. I have the CAD files for it too. Darn NJ laws.

Quote Originally Posted by pbjosh View Post
    Spent the weekend with the wife on the Riverwalk in San Antonio. Very much needed.

I have a 8 week project due in 4 weeks here at work. They fired the last guy who couldn't do the work last week. Yay. I love day jobs.
    I loved the River walk. There is a chance my sister and family will be moving to Waco to work for SpaceX. If they do they are coming over to scope out houses and I will be down for a visit.

Insider
    I loved the River walk. There is a chance my sister and family will be moving to Waco to work for SpaceX. If they do they are coming over to scope out houses and I will be down for a visit.
    Let me know, need an excuse for a trip! And we can introduce the wifes (and maybe kids? )

I actually am considering learning NX so I can do the same. After 15 years developing I/O for powerplants and refineries working on rockets would be fun.

And there is the part where you can say "Well, actually, I am a Rocket Scientist..." that might take a while to get old.
    Josh Coray
    J4 Paintball
    Lead Design
    www.j4paintball.com

If we come when they do their first visit it's going to be a whirlwind of looking at places and looking after their kids as they try to work out plans and do business. Some trips after that would be more leisurely.

SpaceX looks like an awesome company to work for. I am a little jealous

Insider
    Totally understand! With kids and the like, yeah...

We are looking for a change here in 6 months when the lease is up, if everything works out. Need a place to settle down, get a shop, mill and lathe. You know what I mean.
    Josh Coray
    J4 Paintball
    Lead Design
    www.j4paintball.com

Insider
    I want to do Architecture in space...
    Draws houses, doesn't own markers that aren't single tube designs, unapologetic AGD zealot.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    I want to do Architecture in space...
    You would soooo have some great replies to this on AO !

I'm holding back but its not easy.

endeavor to persevere.......

Insider
    for clarity: low or zero gravity environments with little to no atmosphere. :P
    Draws houses, doesn't own markers that aren't single tube designs, unapologetic AGD zealot.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    for clarity: low or zero gravity environments with little to no atmosphere. :P
    The term "space cadet" came to mind lol.

endeavor to persevere.......