Page 71 of 418 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381121171 ... LastLast

Thread: The OT thread V1

electric sports cars are gonna be awesome

the tesla actually has pretty shitty dynamics
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

I work for the company building the Paragon

i hate the term imaginary numbers.

without them, most of control theory wouldnt work.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

As I often say to Ryan, everything interesting happens in the frequency domain.
    Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

The money right now seems to be on aluminium based Yolk and Shell type battery designs. Something like three times the energy density and six times the charge/discharge speed, assuming they can scale up. Of course breakthroughs seem to be happening all the time but it takes a long while to get to market. The Tesla may have average dynamics but I still wouldn't say no.

Oh and in other news, look what I'm doing! http://www.lightninglab.co.nz/manufa...-for-business/

That's me second from left, getting stuck into startup development here. It's basically a business accelerator/incubator for physical products - I'm in a team developing commercial beehive related ideas. Learning a truckload. Yesterday we toured our local government funded industrial research park which was mind blowing. Everything from 3D printed titanium to nanotech based superhydrophobic/phillic research going on and giant epic SCIENCE! labs that look straight out of movies. While I'm working on beekeeping stuff, I'm constantly thinking "oooh, that could really disrupt the paintball world..."
    Last edited by vijil; 08-28-2015 at 07:18 PM.
    https://www.instagram.com/vijil/
    I draw guns and spaceships and bunnies

Quote Originally Posted by PBSteve View Post
    As I often say to Ryan, everything interesting happens in the frequency domain.
    frequency domain and using electrical circuits to model mechanical things all of the times!!!!

doesn't really fit on a meme poster, but you get the idea.

Quote Originally Posted by vijil View Post
    The money right now seems to be on aluminium based Yolk and Shell type battery designs. Something like three times the energy density and six times the charge/discharge speed, assuming they can scale up. Of course breakthroughs seem to be happening all the time but it takes a long while to get to market. The Tesla may have average dynamics but I still wouldn't say no.

Oh and in other news, look what I'm doing! http://www.lightninglab.co.nz/manufa...-for-business/

That's me second from left, getting stuck into startup development here. It's basically a business accelerator/incubator for physical products - I'm in a team developing commercial beehive related ideas. Learning a truckload. Yesterday we toured our local government funded industrial research park which was mind blowing. Everything from 3D printed titanium to nanotech based superhydrophobic/phillic research going on and giant epic SCIENCE! labs that look straight out of movies. While I'm working on beekeeping stuff, I'm constantly thinking "oooh, that could really disrupt the paintball world..."
    Bees, man. They need our help around these parts.

Yup, in general. I wish we had a product that could fix Colony Collapse, but it's not that radical. We're dealing more specifically with American Foul Brood.
    https://www.instagram.com/vijil/
    I draw guns and spaceships and bunnies

Saw a super interesting comment on Reddit just now.

Self-driving cars running the Grand Prix. No holds barred on the engineering, just a minimum of requirements: car must touch track all the way around (can't be airborne for more than say 3 seconds), no radioactive material in failure, etc. etc.

Make that puppy fly at 500 mph or whatever you can get it up to. And probably explode at some point.

honestly, when it comes to race car driving, i bet a human can beat a computer still.

at least without allowing the computer additional technical capability.