Page 75 of 418 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785125175 ... LastLast

Thread: The OT thread V1

Insider
    You have other very nice toys!
    Dear boy, I work at Planet Eclipse, don't you know..

Insider
    It's the Etek5 of Porsches.
    The best place that comment could ever be used. Well played.
    Last edited by pbjosh; 09-02-2015 at 03:05 PM.
    Josh Coray
    J4 Paintball
    Lead Design
    www.j4paintball.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Wood View Post
    Electric shmetric

New toy inbound:

very nice.

ship me your 996 GT3?
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Insider
    That's not going anywhere! Hardly driven it this year. Prices have gone through the roof!
    Dear boy, I work at Planet Eclipse, don't you know..

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker27 View Post
    It's the Etek5 of Porsches.
    That was quite amazing.

That's not exactly a family friendly car there Jack... We have a nice mini-van over here for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Wood View Post
    That's not going anywhere! Hardly driven it this year. Prices have gone through the roof!
    seriously. its the only 996 anyone seems to want any more (not that i blame them). 996 turbos are just like chump change now, its ridiculous. regular 996s are under 15 grand all day long.

my race car build on the mr2 will take a lot of my cash, but in my budget, im thinking 997 C2S for my next car. and of course, im gonna be keeping the 951 around. that would be a pure street cruiser as my mr2 is going to be stripped, and fully built into a track rat. cage, koni double adjustable race shocks, coilovers with springs stiff enough to not need anti-roll bars (12k, 10k), LSD 6 speed with a shorter diff, full SSM class aero (10inch front spliter, full rear double element wing. and then ill decide if i want to commission a build on a 10k rpm bored and stroked 2.1L 2zz-ge screamer (~260rwhp), or just turbo a 2zz-ge for stupid power (350+ rwhp). i love screaming NA power, but the $$$/hp is so much more, and the total potential power is less ....

probably take me 4 years to build it to that, but should be pretty insane. should be a nationally competitive SCCA SSM class autocrosser, and more than capable of handling the best road america can throw at it. already have slicks for it, a trailer for carrying and them a hitch on the way for pulling it ...
    Last edited by cockerpunk; 09-02-2015 at 07:24 PM.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Insider
    Building that engine for rpm doesn't make a ton of sense to me, just pay someone to tune a custom gt2560 setup. Keep in mind your stripped weight will be like 1850lbs. Completely eliminate bsckpressure in your exhaust and flip off anyone who tells you 3" straight back is too big. I know some coil over builders. Depending on tuning you could do most of the mr2 soon for about 5k.
    "So you've done this before?"
    "Oh, hell no. But I think it's gonna work."

yeah 10k screamer doesn't make that much sense, but dear lord it would be a magnificent engine. and high revving NA engines are dying. it would be amazing, if uneconomical.

for the motor, i'd probably just keep the standard 8500 rpm redline, honestly, a disco potato would be enough for my power goals. meth injection for cooling.

the goal for the next two years is the chassis though. ~200 hp is enough currently in the car. the goal would be to get rid of the megans, for some real double adjustable shocks, god real shocks are nice. and all the safety and equipment i'll need to get it to and from road america (trailer, cage, oil coolers, seats, etc etc). then i'd consider more power. as always ... power is the last goal. build an amazing race car, and then plug in a powerplant for it.

You guys might find this interesting: