Page 63 of 418 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573113163 ... LastLast

Thread: The OT thread V1

I think they call that a model plane?

First to build a functional F-35 gets an e-cookie.

Quote Originally Posted by PBSteve View Post
    First to build a functional F-35 gets an e-cookie.
    Is that for us or Lockheed Martin as well?

If you keep it under budget I think you could rub it in their faces.

At least you wouldn't have to worry about choking out the pilots (I am looking at you F-22) and less public mockery for the project...
    If there is another group of people outside of paintballers who will jump on a bandwagon faster than the speed of light - I have yet to meet them.

i like that we've reached a point in technology development, where they cannot finalize designs on things, because technology is moving so quickly, by the time the it comes to production, a major redesign is required because many things finalized early on are not obsolete.

#dodlogic
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Hey, this is starting to become true in industrial automation as well. You wouldn't believe how many software products become quickly abandoned because they are developed to run on legacy versions of Windows. I have coders running around the place trying to find up-to-date computers that can still run Windows XP just to use software that released in the past 5-10 years.

(and my understanding from the coders on the F-22 controls is that for much of the plane flying, a pilot choked out or awake is much the same. Just that landing and combat part to work out.)

I don't know, fly casual

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewTheWookie View Post

Oh hell yes.

I miss flying my RC Helicopters but I just haven't had the time and while it was rewarding as can be, it was also stress and seriously hard work (one reason I enjoyed it initially). I am very tempted to get into the drones because it looks like the fun aspect and a lot easier to just go out and fly... but the last thing I need is another expensive hobby...

Inception Remote Delivery System.

Quote Originally Posted by Unfated33 View Post
    Hey, this is starting to become true in industrial automation as well. You wouldn't believe how many software products become quickly abandoned because they are developed to run on legacy versions of Windows. I have coders running around the place trying to find up-to-date computers that can still run Windows XP just to use software that released in the past 5-10 years.

(and my understanding from the coders on the F-22 controls is that for much of the plane flying, a pilot choked out or awake is much the same. Just that landing and combat part to work out.)
    until 2 years ago we had a machine that had a tape drive, and the only way to load part programs was by 5.25 floppys.

stellar machine, very accurate, and very reliable.

good luck cutting a Fresnel on it though .... didn't have enough memory of the whole part program, had to cut it in sections. we still have the iron from that machine, its as good as the day it was scraped.
    Last edited by cockerpunk; 07-30-2015 at 02:24 PM.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.