Page 161 of 418 FirstFirst ... 61111151159160161162163171211261 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,610 of 4172

Thread: The OT thread V1

My 1st choice in regs is almost always a SL3. I like the lower hose position. If it weren't for that, then I'd prefer BL 360 regs. If I'm trying to save money, I go with the later.

For the cheap, i go with the Hyper2, but try to snag up any Sidewinder i can get. Luckily, i have a stockpile of them and haven't put anything together to use them.

nice, set fastest time of the day tonight at the time attack. all the evo guys were pissed.

love it when RWD and Naturally Aspirated wins. its a dying breed .... we'll take our wins when we can get them haha
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Insider
    Colin Chapman is smiling somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker27 View Post
    Colin Chapman is smiling somewhere.
    i hate go pros. so unreliable, i was only able to catch my first couple of laps on go pro. after that she was junk, and sadly the driving in this is junk ....

but i did capture my ever so excellent spin ....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYIVDfDVnzQ
    Last edited by cockerpunk; 08-01-2016 at 02:13 PM.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Insider
    Did something happen to reduce turn in after the spin? Looked like maybe it wasn't as sharp after. Still some good driving there, though. 3rd time through the slalom was quick and the drift/save towards the end was nice. That car is going to be a scalpel once you have it dialed in though. 2zz at top rpm sounds great.

Did something happen to reduce turn in after the spin? Looked like maybe it wasn't as sharp after. Still some good driving there, though. 3rd time through the slalom was quick and the drift/save towards the end was nice. That car is going to be a scalpel once you have it dialed in though. 2zz at top rpm sounds great.
    still debugging the suspension and alignment. have found lots of things loose/wobbling, so it could have been any number of things. also playing around a lot with rear toe. mostly it was just driver error on cold tires, turn in, no grips, weight swings around, and round you go.

spins happen when you are driving hard. mostly they are driver induced. your right, the third time through the slalom was some really good driving, staying ahead, late apex, and power on and ride her out.

those were my first laps though, for some reason my gopro only grabbed partial laps after that, and during the time attack, but we did set fastest time of the time attack. so the car is good, and only getting better sadly no recordings of actual good driving ....

dialed the compression down to nothing on both ends of the car, man the 8611s can handle spring. i think i need at least 50% more spring to get into the meat of these dampers. at no compression, 1/2 turn rebound front and rear.

considering a 2GR swap ....
    Last edited by cockerpunk; 08-02-2016 at 11:38 AM.

Insider
    Thought you might want a tiny bit more negative camber up front.

I dunno what rates you're running now, but I'd expect for most tracks at 2000lb weight something like 600-800lb springs with somewhat minimized sways to be fastest. Less compression should really sharpen the dynamics up.

2gr swap would be insane - does it mess with the weight distribution at all? It's honestly probably an easier putt than forced induction - from a pocket elise to a pocket exige s. Plus, you drive the piss out of your cars. That motor has a fat torque band as well. Clearly a lot of potential up top based on 345hp in the exige, too.

Thought you might want a tiny bit more negative camber up front.

I dunno what rates you're running now, but I'd expect for most tracks at 2000lb weight something like 600-800lb springs with somewhat minimized sways to be fastest. Less compression should really sharpen the dynamics up.

2gr swap would be insane - does it mess with the weight distribution at all? It's honestly probably an easier putt than forced induction - from a pocket elise to a pocket exige s. Plus, you drive the piss out of your cars. That motor has a fat torque band as well. Clearly a lot of potential up top based on 345hp in the exige, too.
    i have some good frames of the car loaded up, and the 3 and change negative camber in front puts me right at having a vertical tire at the limit, so its good. mcstruts gonna mcstrut

what is the issue is rear camber/toe. i used to run 3 neg in front, and 2.5 neg in back, with some toe in, so that she would inertia drift well, but would put power down well on corner exit. but now my alignment seems to be pushing me towards 2.9-3 negative in back, with some toe out for turn in. i have not really found a balance back there that i like yet. easy to add too much understeer with the rear alignment. and as much as slight understeer is quicker, its also trickier to drive fast than a loose setup. ie, you can pull out hero runs with a loose setup, a tight one is just frustrating all day.

in an effort to keep as many things the same for this season, with the massive mid season upgrade package (suspension and diff), i kept the same spring rates, roughly 300F 400R, which is not very high for autocross use. i tend to think autocrossers in general push too hard on the springs, and take pride in springing the suspension until they don't need bars. as much as bars are not that good, i think a small front bar is not a bad compromise all things considered. the general "no bars" setup for spyder is 660F 550R. over the winter, when i have more time to play around with things, im thinking something like 500F 500R with the stock, or my 1 inch bar on its most compliant setting. weight transfer and body roll are not necessarily bad things .... and compliance matters for grip too. having less than inch of droop travel is like ... not good mid corner either, ill trade a few tenths of lost camber (to body roll) every single corner for less disturbance when hitting bumps mid corner. makes the car WAY easier to drive. should put me into the meat of the adjustment ranges on the 8611s. no doubt they can take even the 600+ spring rates though.

2GR is about 200lbs heavier. id keep it naturally aspirated for SO many reasons. that would be super pricey. a nice two screw supercharger with air to water intercooler is probably a cheaper, more practical 300+rwhp method. lighter too.

not bad front alignment: