Page 177 of 418 FirstFirst ... 77127167175176177178179187227277 ... LastLast
Results 1,761 to 1,770 of 4172

Thread: The OT thread V1

FRS was the North American name for the Toyota GT86, before Toyota killed the Scion brand.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Wood View Post
    Focus RS?

Unfortunately trackdays appear to be the same the world over. Always one that flips it or spanks it into a barrier.

Having said that, I have hit the tyre wall. At some point, when pushing the limits of your car and yourself you reach a point where that extra 1mm of throttle attitude, the 2m later on the brakes, or that split second moment of lack of concentration results in an off. And in some of these toys, it becomes a very expensive lesson/learning curve.
    offs and spins happen when you push cars, slamming into cement barriers at 50+ mph .... thats far more rare.

as mentioned, the FRS is scion branded version of the car you'd know as the GT86, or BRZ. now that the scion brand is dead in the USA, i believe the 2017s will be called GT86s here as well.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Insider
    Your rather curt post implied the real problem was a power adder that chassis, driver, or both weren't prepared for.

If you can afford a trackday car, you should be able to afford the trackday mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker27 View Post
    Your rather curt post implied the real problem was a power adder that chassis, driver, or both weren't prepared for.
    it was turboed. because "the frs/bz are great, but needs a turbo" nonsense repeated over and over and over and over and over. power is irrelevant, he could have done the same with the stock 200 hp no problem.

the main problem is driver skill. as it always is.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    If you can afford a trackday car, you should be able to afford the trackday mistakes.
    you should never need to leave the track in an ambulance.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

I want to play with a Focus RS... alas, they're REALLY hard to get hold of for dealers. We could get ST's all day long if our owner was a little adventurous, but an RS is a tougher buy.

Quote Originally Posted by Pump Scout View Post
    I want to play with a Focus RS... alas, they're REALLY hard to get hold of for dealers. We could get ST's all day long if our owner was a little adventurous, but an RS is a tougher buy.
    i rode in one, it was fast, but really its not any better than an evo8/9. sad that its taken that long for someone to match the evo though, basically 10 years.

still pushes on power like AWD cars tend to do. poor front wheels

Quote Originally Posted by cockerpunk View Post
    you should never need to leave the track in an ambulance.
    Not saying that. What i am saying is, if you want to fly with eagles, expect to fall a couple times. Besides, it is better than the idiots that do it on the street where there is no safety at all

Not sure how I missed this, but this is going to be an awesome (and obvious) incremental step towards electric vehicles. The best part is it seems simple enough to permeate developing markets - it's effectively a two-stroke engine, and electric motors are cheap and easy to make as well.

This is also pretty awesome:
    http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-10-1...eaweed/7946630
    Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

I work for the company building the Paragon

I sent Ryan a text about the seaweed. That is very exciting. In a similar vein, they've figured out how to convert co2 directly into ethanol: http://www.sciencealert.com/research...-methanol-fuel

Now we just need to refine hempcrete and we'll be making a serious difference.