Page 158 of 418 FirstFirst ... 58108148156157158159160168208258 ... LastLast
Results 1,571 to 1,580 of 4172

Thread: The OT thread V1

So hot today. I had a lot of work to do outside but it's too hot to do it... even standing outside makes me sweat.

Yeah, I was gonna re-fix a leak on my GF's car's exhaust... not happening today.
    Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

I work for the company building the Paragon

Yeah, I played paintball today in the 103* weather. It was tough towards the end of the day.

Got our warmest winter ever here, apparently. Can't complain. Yay for AGW and all that.
    https://www.instagram.com/vijil/
    I draw guns and spaceships and bunnies

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    So hot today. I had a lot of work to do outside but it's too hot to do it... even standing outside makes me sweat.

Find someone you can pay to do the yard work....
    endeavor to persevere.......

hoosiers are loving this weather though ...

the new koni 8611 double adjustable setup was excellent today. my only mistake was i set it up a bit low ... my fenders mostly survived ...

picks up a front wheel rather well:

Last edited by cockerpunk; 07-24-2016 at 08:42 PM.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Insider
    Read "radical abundance" over the weekend. The nanotechnology stuff was actually less interesting than Drexler's take on the nature of science versus engineering. Recommended for anyone who naturally straddles those roles.

"Science seeks out uncertainty; engineering shuns it"

Heh, my boss actually said something similar:

"What do you mean you don't know? That may be fine in science, but this is engineering."

Does anybody know offhand the inner bore diameter of an Autococker 3-way?

edit: nvm, don't need it now.
    Last edited by tyronejk; 07-25-2016 at 08:17 PM.

so we have a "lifestyle" rally here in the twin cities, called the central crown rally, but now just called the crown rally. its one of those, show up in your exotic, run some roads, party every night at bars with hired women, and then do it again the next day. pretty lame. anyway, its openly mocked by most folks who know what they are doing.

anyway, yesterday i became enamoured with doing it in my 500 dollar miata.

because #trolllife

anyway:

so i just looked into the route ran in 2014 based on this blog: https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Minn...41.8781136!3e0

http://shortshift.co/central-crown-rally-2014/

seems the target time is quite close to what google maps says it should be. and the fast teams were maybe 2 hours quicker, which some quick math, makes for an average speed of around 61 mph. 495 miles give or take, in about 7.66 hours.

I think it would more than reasonable to be able to compete favorably in a 500 dollar miata. probably be tough to win, but embarrass a bunch of dumb shits in super cars? easy.
    Last edited by cockerpunk; 07-26-2016 at 02:27 PM.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.