Page 36 of 418 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686136 ... LastLast

Thread: The OT thread V1

Insider
    Davros is one of Dr. Who's many nemeses.
    Missed that! Slow on the game this week.
    Josh Coray
    J4 Paintball
    Lead Design
    www.j4paintball.com

The guys covered it I guess, but Davros was the Doctor Who character who took the brutalized by war and mutated by radiation, chemical weapons, etc Kaleds and turned them into the cyborg villians Daleks. (Kaled spelt backwards.) My avatar is an image of the character. The war took place on the planet Skaro and was against the Thals. Only if they could have settled things with paintball instead.

That Hanes book is pretty awesome, but I expect better from them than generic labels like "death ray". :-)

At least they went for Death Ray and Telescopic Manipulator Arm instead of paint roller holder and plunger

Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

I work for the company building the Paragon

Holy crap. I was watching the live stream, and saw the TBM abort out of formation. Heard it was the hydraulic pinhole leak, but didn't know they'd thought they were on fire. I've been on some hairy flights, and thought my life to be at risk a couple times in the air, but this is on another level.

I can't stress enough how the military training of this pilot shows through. From determining an in-flight emergency, to getting the plane on the ground safely and his crew out of the aircraft, and most notably, to how he dissects the incident and applies what he experienced to improvements to future flights, this is how flying is done right.

mad max did not fetishize superchargers enough.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Did they use any Nitrous?

Quote Originally Posted by msonic View Post
    Did they use any Nitrous?
    they did, more nitro meth than nitrus oxide though. to add drama the way they used it was a guy got on the hood and blows it into the carbs though. which is silly, but whatever.

there was some good but subtle refrences to the original that i liked, but unlike the new star trek movies, it wasnt a constant stream of nostalgia, which is good. the mushroom cloud in the valley was a nice touch, subtle. except that the falcon xb coupe is a hero car. we needed more of that. and more supercharger whine. needed so much more supercharger whine. like i should wonder what a v8 actually sounds like, besides belt whine.

all in all though, i loved it. its an action movie, make no mistake. but like die hard, or some other action movies, that are just simply great movies even though they are simple in there premise and execution. mad max pulled that off very well. just a fun 2 hour movie, fairly simple plot, good action and hits the emotional bit on the head, not to much, not too little. all in all liked it alot.

but it needed more supercharger whine

so much more supercharger whine, and more falcon xb
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Idk, a carbureted big block seems like it would survive longer in a post apocalyptic world better than a supercharger for no other reason than fewer moving parts...and slower spinning ones

Quote Originally Posted by PBSteve View Post
    Idk, a carbureted big block seems like it would survive longer in a post apocalyptic world better than a supercharger for no other reason than fewer moving parts...and slower spinning ones
    mad max orginally drove a falcon with a big v8, and a giant super charger:

with this kind of supercharger whine: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpDLeo4lcCg