Page 145 of 418 FirstFirst ... 4595135143144145146147155195245 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,450 of 4172

Thread: The OT thread V1

Quote Originally Posted by vijil View Post
    Perhaps. I can definitely see pro paintball teams switching to where the actual money is though. They have a significant starting advantage.
    To be blunt, if the pros leave for the prize money and not because it's actually a better experience, I don't think it would impact general participation much.

Now, if it's considerably cheaper (I expect the gear will be expensive for a while) you have to weigh that in, but still...

And really, looking back 15 years at paintball, it's pretty hard to say where we'll be in 15 years. Sure the last few have been a rough patch, but there's still a lot of latitude in terms of where the game could go. Especially given the turnover of the national leagues.

If the game of tournament paintball isn't more engaging in 15 years than it is now, it kind of deserves to die. It might result in some cool stuff - think a shift back to pump for those who still play.
    Last edited by PBSteve; 05-27-2016 at 07:48 PM.

nurburgring 24 starting: http://www.radiolemans.co/2016/05/26...24-hours-2016/

porsche factory car crashed in qualifying
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

I work for the company building the Paragon

they will only do this when/if the culture surround AR/VR shows it as equally prestigious or more than the real thing.
    That'll be instant.

So far this year 1.1 billion $ has been invested in AR tech. If an FPS AR league is established by existing esports promoters, with sponsorship buy in from tech companies it will instantly have more exposure, prize money, media presence etc. than paintball ever has.
    Last edited by vijil; 05-27-2016 at 11:36 PM.
    https://www.instagram.com/vijil/
    I draw guns and spaceships and bunnies

I patiently await the leap across the uncanny valley
    Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

It'll be interesting to see how they simulate outside air in your lungs

Um

Do you guys know what AR actually is?

You'll still be outside. You'll still be running around the woods or whatever. You'll still be able to see the real world around you. AR is not VR.
    Last edited by vijil; 05-27-2016 at 11:54 PM.

That'll be instant.

So far this year 1.1 billion $ has been invested in AR tech. If an FPS AR league is established by existing esports promoters, with sponsorship buy in from tech companies it will instantly have more exposure, prize money, media presence etc. than paintball ever has.
    AR with paintball guns could never compete with AR with real guns and bullets. Seems like a simulation of a simulation.

Then again, people enjoy watching other people play video games, so what do I know.

Um

Do you guys know what AR actually is?

You'll still be outside. You'll still be running around the woods or whatever.
    Well that just makes me want to play paintball while AR'ing

Same. Because we're old.
    Last edited by vijil; 05-29-2016 at 04:21 AM.