Page 57 of 418 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967107157 ... LastLast

Thread: The OT thread V1

It's kind of nice, I've gotten old enough and to a point in my life where I can look at the kids wearing the helmets and tacticool crap and tell them "son, all that stuff is just going to draw fire and weigh you down".

Birmingham, UK (originally a Seattle native)
    I got to shoot some film in a lab today, which was pretty fun, apart from my AC throwing the line "what does pull focus mean" at me.

It was a good experience, and I learned that there are both multiple types of lab coat. Also learned that I needed one 3 sizes too big to lift the shoulder rig and actually be able to use my arm.

I dunno, I play mag fed mainly at this point, combined with some rec play with my old school markers. I'm a former tourney player as well. I tend to fall into the 'I'd perfer something that wasn't an M4 crowd'

I don't add stuff just for weight and I think sights are ridiculous if you aren't using FSR.

I frankly just like a lot of the guys that play mag fed around me, and they have treated me pretty well in terms of my scenario promotion side business. I like that I can write and run 'missions' that aren't just a 300 v 300 fire fight over a slap stick. The smaller groups and different pace allows people to experience something cool, that maybe they arent getting at a 'big game' or walk on day.

I've talked with a few people on here about the fact that I'd prefer something that was a bit of a near-future concept or based of popular video game weapons... I think the over realism is actually a detriment to it's further spread... it's why I painted my DAM pink. That being said, I don't know that you could successfully marker a pure mag fed speedball gun. there needs to me some military touchstones for it to be a hit.

the real frontier in magfed that needs to be pushed is efficiency. paintballs are paintballs in terms of accuracy, and the future of FSR is debatable. I think ergonomics and efficiency are what's next.
    If there is another group of people outside of paintballers who will jump on a bandwagon faster than the speed of light - I have yet to meet them.

As someone who has been shot in the back of the head at close range twice in under a second I think helmets are a very bright idea.

Quote Originally Posted by TierOneJeff View Post
    I dunno, I play mag fed mainly at this point, combined with some rec play with my old school markers. I'm a former tourney player as well. I tend to fall into the 'I'd perfer something that wasn't an M4 crowd'

I don't add stuff just for weight and I think sights are ridiculous if you aren't using FSR.

I frankly just like a lot of the guys that play mag fed around me, and they have treated me pretty well in terms of my scenario promotion side business. I like that I can write and run 'missions' that aren't just a 300 v 300 fire fight over a slap stick. The smaller groups and different pace allows people to experience something cool, that maybe they arent getting at a 'big game' or walk on day.

I've talked with a few people on here about the fact that I'd prefer something that was a bit of a near-future concept or based of popular video game weapons... I think the over realism is actually a detriment to it's further spread... it's why I painted my DAM pink. That being said, I don't know that you could successfully marker a pure mag fed speedball gun. there needs to me some military touchstones for it to be a hit.

the real frontier in magfed that needs to be pushed is efficiency. paintballs are paintballs in terms of accuracy, and the future of FSR is debatable. I think ergonomics and efficiency are what's next.
    all of this has already been done, its called this:

social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Requires too much pump action. They need to do it again as a semi-auto mech.

Birmingham, UK (originally a Seattle native)
    So, a SATCO 700, but better?

Quote Originally Posted by Unfated33 View Post
    Requires too much pump action.
    no such thing. ba-dump che

no, i mean i get it, the reason why they like mag fed is because its mag fed. not because of the format of the play, not because of the limited paint, not because of any other reason. the reason they like it is because it makes them feel like army. this is why they reject the notion of simply smaller loaders, pump guns, and stock class guns. because its doesn't look and feel like the real thing, despite being better for paintball play in every way (smaller, lighter, more reliable, more efficient etc). because if they were really after a limited ammo style of play or something smaller and easier than a full electro, they would have adopted guns like those. because the history of paintball is full of amazing guns, with less firepower than a space dildo.

the fact they have not, and in fact, openly reject guns like those, shows what they are really interested in. playing army.

and thats fine, i guess, on a certain level. i have strange hobbies and like weird things too. but i play paintball to play paintball. its a means to its own ends. and i hate to be begrudged by folks who selectively impair there own ability to play, and then cannot compete because of it. i hate pump players who do the same thing. you picked the gun, if you can't compete with it, then thats not my fault. if you can't hack it with a stock class gun, don't pick one. if you can't hack it with a mag feed, don't pick one. i selectively handicap myself all the time, choosing pumps, mechs, and the like, but when i loose (which is a lot), it was my paintball playing that lost me that gunfight. or it was my paintball playing that they caught me in that lane doing something stupid. don't blame your equipment, equipment you picked. and dont blame someone else for the equipment they picked.

idk, i play paintball because its the exact opposite of playing army. so i think that is where the fundamental disconnect really lies. they may look similar in passing, but army and paintball are VERY functionally different.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

I wish I could give likes directly to comments. I think yours nails the issue.

idk, i play paintball because its the exact opposite of playing army. so i think that is where the fundamental disconnect really lies. they may look similar in passing, but army and paintball are VERY functionally different.

Insider
    Sorry I have been away, I moved to Knoxville.

And a project I did had a decent video made. I did about 90% off all the documents for the wiring for this project. Almost every single bit. About 6000 I/O.

Josh Coray
    J4 Paintball
    Lead Design
    www.j4paintball.com