Page 160 of 418 FirstFirst ... 60110150158159160161162170210260 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,600 of 4172

Thread: The OT thread V1

Oh, ok. Yea, i am with pbsteve. Push it out with something from the other end and it all comes out. No need for needlenose pliers.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    I actually enjoy it. It's good therapy and thinking time
    "Free brain time" tasks are the best for coming up with ideas. Good ideas, bad ideas, whatever. Sometimes a bad idea can lead to a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by tyronejk View Post
    The LV1 reg is a different since you can take the reg body off the gun and tap it on a hard surface to pop the piston out. It's the hoseless guns that I think should have the cartridge, like the CS1, Clone 5, Dye M2, Shocker RSX, etc.
    Uh... have you actually disassembled a CS1? When you drop the bottom carrier for the reg, you can just pull the piston out. It's one of the easiest regs to service. The M2 is a pain and I won't own a Clone'd (geo) 5 nor do I own a RSX.
    Last edited by ironyusa; 07-28-2016 at 11:36 AM.

But you do have to use pliers to pull it out. I haven't taken one apart myself, but from what I can tell from pictures, you can't reach it with your fingers. In the CS1 reg maintenance video, Jack Wood uses pliers.

I fail to see how that's a problem.
    I don't know, fly casual

Yes, you do need them to pull it out. You do not need them to push it out

semantics, yes but it only proves that there is more than one way to skin a cat, or take apart a reg

Anywho, anyone here like the floating piston style regulators?
    Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

I work for the company building the Paragon

I personally think BL360 regs are the easiest to service. I like those, but I really like PE's moving base regs. Dye regs have an oring that seals the piston that is the devil to get to.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewTheWookie View Post
    I fail to see how that's a problem.
    IMO, the fewer tools you need to disassemble a gun, the better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    Yes, you do need them to pull it out. You do not need them to push it out

semantics, yes but it only proves that there is more than one way to skin a cat, or take apart a reg
    I don't know if we're talking about the same gun. Is it even possible to get to the other side of a CS1 reg to push the piston out?
    Quote Originally Posted by ironyusa View Post
    I personally think BL360 regs are the easiest to service. I like those, but I really like PE's moving base regs. Dye regs have an oring that seals the piston that is the devil to get to.
    Same here. [Strike]Especially[/strike] for hoseless guns, I think floating piston regs make the most sense.

Edit: oops, I guess that tag doesn't work here.
    Last edited by tyronejk; 07-29-2016 at 01:39 PM.

I am talking more of the series of similar regs. Sidewinders, Hyper2s, etc.

But yes, the inner oring on a Hyper2 is a bitch to get at. i had to cut mine out-took about 20mins, then i went through about 30+ orings from an old kit. So far so good. But i do like like them for most applications. My first cboice is always a Sidewinder, though. No real experience with BL360s, the newer P3 regs or most hoseless gun regs.