Page 106 of 418 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106107108116156206 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,060 of 4172

Thread: The OT thread V1

Quote Originally Posted by tyronejk View Post
    What industry do you work in? Defense?
    not really tied to any single industry, more to a technology. it is a nationalized technology because of its defense applications, but we use it for far more. we have our fingers in almost every industry because of the scope and size of 3M, we make something for everyone it seems like.

i design and design processes for hyper precision machine tools.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

they have weekends for a reason. im on 9 days straight of work, and wow, its tiring in a way that sleep and beer alone cannot solve.

on the plus side, this might actually work.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Birmingham, UK (originally a Seattle native)
    Trying to source this paper for a friend - has anyone got the original text/source/hard copy they don't want?

"A Theoretical treatment of paintball dynamics" Gary Dyrkacz, Dec 2006

Cheers
    No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

If you have a publication title that would help find the PDF, otherwise are you looking for this?

http://lennon.csufresno.edu/~nas31/nsa/physics.html

Edit: It doesn't look to me like it's ever been published
    Last edited by PBSteve; 12-15-2015 at 02:14 PM.
    Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

I work for the company building the Paragon

Quote Originally Posted by PBSteve View Post
    If you have a publication title that would help find the PDF, otherwise are you looking for this?

http://lennon.csufresno.edu/~nas31/nsa/physics.html

Edit: It doesn't look to me like it's ever been published
    amazing how well that lines up with our experimental data from the PW days.

Yeah, Ryan and I were impressed with that agreement as well back when we were looking at this stuff.

That kind of thing is always very satisfying.
    Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

I work for the company building the Paragon

Quote Originally Posted by PBSteve View Post
    Yeah, Ryan and I were impressed with that agreement as well back when we were looking at this stuff.

That kind of thing is always very satisfying.
    its kinda like we knew what we were doing.

(hint: we still don't)

Quote Originally Posted by cockerpunk View Post
    they have weekends for a reason. im on 9 days straight of work, and wow, its tiring in a way that sleep and beer alone cannot solve.

on the plus side, this might actually work.
    10 days in .... and it worked. we did it.

man i need a nap.

Just wrote the last final of my degree. Haven't gotten any other marks back (Only took two classes this term..) but I'm confident the other one went well.

Quote Originally Posted by new ion? View Post

Just wrote the last final of my degree. Haven't gotten any other marks back (Only took two classes this term..) but I'm confident the other one went well.
    nice. Bachelor's in EE, right? Two more semesters left for me.