Page 129 of 418 FirstFirst ... 2979119127128129130131139179229 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,290 of 4172

Thread: The OT thread V1

never undertake a roll bar install into a mr2 spyder. jesus what a mess. back together and running now though.

coupes > cabrios
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

I always thought that if I ever got into racing, roll cage/bar installation would be one of those projects I'd farm out to someone else. Does not seem like a fun task.

The threat to go racing has been in place for years. I've told my wife numerous times I'd hang up my paintball gear if I could take up racing. I still may take up flying if I can find room to build an ultralight. Someday.

sadly thats slowly happening to me. i want to play more paintball than i do, i really do, but i just dont have the time or money. every weekend in the summer turns into actually racing, or working on race car projects. and for some reason girls like it when you spend time with them or something weird like that.

just too busy these days.

i tell myself ill play more paintball, but the honest truth, is i enjoy driving more. so it simply takes my time and money more than paintball does these days. that might change, everything ebbs and flows, but right now, i'd rather be racing.
    Last edited by cockerpunk; 03-14-2016 at 01:57 PM.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

For me, the "threat" of going racing is idle. Whenever the concept of how expensive paintball is comes up, that's when I suggest I could take up racing. My wife's dad raced off-road Beetles back in the day, and was around the short-track ovals a bunch, so she knows the expenses. There's a story that goes around the family of Mark Martin, Dick Trickle, and my father in law turning wrenches on Mark's car on a trailer in front of their house one day, getting it put back together for the race the following night. Much beer was apparently involved.

Now, the threat of going flying, that one is very, very real.

i think part of the reason i enjoy racing so much, is as much as paintball and driving are skill based, and skills make the most difference to the outcome, racing, being smarter than the other guy, does matter. esp in racing at my level, where we don't have race engineers and folks we can hire to do car setup. if you can set your car up better than the other guy, its a significant advantage. if you understand your own car better, what its telling you and why, it helps, like a lot. in paintball, it really isn't much help to be able to tune your gun slightly better or something. the only real effect you can see is buying the best paint, and really you are just and whim of whatever is the best paint on hand at the time. thats all the actual tuning you can do to really fundamentally improve your paintball game.

damn the 911s are quick in the wet. keep raining! they are running near DP times ...

the fords still lack overall race pace. they seem to have one or two good laps in them, but then fad fast. couple of bad driving mistakes by the corvettes too, or maybe it was a bad call on the tires, can't win races on the green stuff guys!
    Last edited by cockerpunk; 03-19-2016 at 05:19 PM.

Had a job interview last Tuesday. They told me I'd hear back in 3-4 weeks. The waiting is killing me, this is a job I'd really like. (Job application closed in January.. it's taken 2 months to get here!)Pay isn't brilliant, but man, the work would be awesome. I applied to a job yesterday, got an email this morning saying "We would like to talk to you about this position, does tomorrow work?"

Why can't the first job's pace be more like the second?

Insider
    There tends to be a correlation between competence handling candidates and competence in all other facets of business. Lack of communication in the candidate process is a serious problem. I don't know if I ever received a formal rejection response, for 4 in person interviews. (I assume my above market offer was lost in the mail in all cases).

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker27 View Post
    There tends to be a correlation between competence handling candidates and competence in all other facets of business. Lack of communication in the candidate process is a serious problem. I don't know if I ever received a formal rejection response, for 4 in person interviews. (I assume my above market offer was lost in the mail in all cases).
    it really depends. i had long written off my job at 3M, becuase i had interviewed for it 6 weeks prior. i had a job offer in my hands from St Jude i was fully planning on taking and 3M calls me up with an offer.

im glad i took the 3M job, the st jude job was offered to a friend of mine, and he hated it. got out 3 years later into the start ups and likes that far more.

thta being said, the manager that hired me at 3M was terrible. he was gone from our group though like 3 months later, so i didn't have to deal with him much.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker27 View Post
    It's for the provincial government, and on their little info videos they straight up say that the interview process takes a long time. I didn't realize they meant THIS long.