Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: PSP to go to semi-auto (bombshell)

Ok, anyone know if there are firmware requirements?

I would just guess at the ol tourney lock button with visual confirmation on screen (since you're doing that) and display that clearly says "Semi(Auto)" with it not possible for the end user to modify the visuals to state Semi while in another mode.

And make documentation available so refs know what to look for.

But I guess that you would've known all that already.

It seems to me the worry from a manufacturer's perspective is writing firmware that appropriately suppresses bounce, and the competition doesn't.

Without guidelines from the PSP, I'm concerned we're headed for another speed war with this.
    Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

I work for the company building the Paragon

Insider
    Quote Originally Posted by PBSteve View Post
    Has anyone (most likely Jack or Simon) heard anything about the requirements for the pro-exclusive boards? Not that I really anticipate pros using the Paragon first season out, it'd just be nice to have in mind.
    We are in very detailed discussions with the PSP owners right now to work out the best way for this to work. Can't say too much, but as soon as I can I will come and share. Needless to say, we had huge reservations about this given the reasons we went to ramping in the first place. But the manufacturers and PSP owners seem commited to making this work and for us not to slip back into the wild west years of the early 2000's....

Thanks, that's definitely good to hear.
    Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

Quote Originally Posted by John
    How do you intend enforce semi-auto?
    Tom Cole - We will employ several extreme high speed cameras that we can watch as the game is played and track players rate of fire.
    http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...5#post86190225

All the new kiddies know anything about making a trigger bounce so it may not be hard to keep up with the first year.

Birmingham, UK (originally a Seattle native)
    Quote Originally Posted by John
    How do you intend enforce semi-auto?
    Tom Cole - We will employ several extreme high speed cameras that we can watch as the game is played and track players rate of fire.
    This'll be interesting. Has anyone defined exactly what semi auto looks like on high speed? (i.e. the delay between trigger being pulled and ball firing, and the deviances between different manufacturers?)

Here's the only real video I can remember that is relevant to the high speed vs trigger pulls thing. Yes Simon, it's yours.

gonna be hard as hell to track, live in game.

i can see using a rig to test each gun off the field, but live, in game .... good freakin luck.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Insider
    You don't need to catch every instance of cheating, you just need to have a monumentally high penalty for illegal guns and spot checks as a deterrent.

See also: HGH testing in sport