Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: GCode Angel project

This thread needs an update....

Look what showed up in the mail today.

Those look gorgeous

What's the pitch on that MCU package?

Also, what's the purpose of doing the full routing and then having the tabs on there? I assume they'll be broken off?
    Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

I work for the company building the Paragon

Looks like its done by oshpark - they leave tabs on. Perforated so they break off nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by new ion? View Post
    Those look gorgeous
    Here's a macro shot for you..

Quote Originally Posted by PBSteve View Post
    What's the pitch on that MCU package?
    It's a TQFP-44 package with 0.8mm pin spacing. Here's the summary data sheet

Quote Originally Posted by PBSteve View Post
    Also, what's the purpose of doing the full routing and then having the tabs on there? I assume they'll be broken off?
    Quote Originally Posted by new ion? View Post
    Looks like its done by oshpark - they leave tabs on. Perforated so they break off nicely.
    Correct, Oshpark made these. You can see the "mouse bites" around the perimeter of the board. These are what connect boards to the panel as seen here

Oshpark normally removes the connection pieces. I give them a quick filing and they pretty much disappear. I think what PBSteve is asking about is the line of holes on the top and bottom of the board between the mounting tabs. The removable tabs are so the board will mount in different versions of angel frames. The end user removes either the top or bottom tab depending on what frame they have.

Was just going off experience, I've only gotten ones with tabs left on.

Just as beautiful up close.

Also, nice to see a bit of adaptability!

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Engineer View Post
    Oshpark normally removes the connection pieces. I give them a quick filing and they pretty much disappear. I think what PBSteve is asking about is the line of holes on the top and bottom of the board between the mounting tabs. The removable tabs are so the board will mount in different versions of angel frames. The end user removes either the top or bottom tab depending on what frame they have.
    Yup, makes sense!
    Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

I work for the company building the Paragon

I actually want one. Been meaning to finish a B2K that has a LCD frame on it. I can retrofit anything in it, as i have a Doc Nickel's B2K adapter plate but this looks way to good & i like to support small business with money for their love and hard work.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Engineer View Post
    This thread needs an update....

Look what showed up in the mail today.
    Very cool! Btw, just released the first version of my open source Etek5 board with Bluetooth 4.1 low energy and IOS App here: https://t3chch3ck.wordpress.com/2015...intball-board/ an on nation.

Your feedback would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrel View Post
    Very cool! Btw, just released the first version of my open source Etek5 board with Bluetooth 4.1 low energy and IOS App here: https://t3chch3ck.wordpress.com/2015...intball-board/ an on nation.

Your feedback would be appreciated.
    Looks awesome, but damnit you are using the name I had planned for a gun