Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pooty Axe Bolt

Pooty Axe Bolt

40-50FPS difference at a same dwell between the two bolts.

You have something that works well, why change it in the first place? Oh wait, cause i need a pink bolt that no one would ever see cause axes generally don't break paint...

Everyone knows flat faces are better. I mean, why would anyone want the paintballs sitting back in an open face reducing clipping on the edge of the bolt? But wait, there's more, get edge clipping now and we'll throw in a point load with every purchase of your flat face bolts.
    I don't know, fly casual

Insider
    It's interesting that he thinks his results are from a face design with LESS restriction. The axe poppet opens on backpressure. Do you gents think that he's getting 50fps because the air is being used that much more efficiently, or is it maybe because his face design is more restrictive and it causes the poppet to hand open for a longer mechanical dwell time?

Related: My bolt just turns the softface ledge into a conical chamfer to smooth the airflow.
    "So you've done this before?"
    "Oh, hell no. But I think it's gonna work."

If you don't care much about efficiency I don't think it's a particularly bad thing, it does allow you to drop your operating pressure.
    Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

I work for the company building the Paragon

I saw similar results with a shocktech bolt. Similarly, it had a "venturi" face as well. You can get amazing results by reducing poppet friction (xrings work awesome) and tuning appropriately. My axe ran consistently at +/- 2fps with a lurker bolt set to 6.5ms, 1.25 turns out and ~160psi. I also got great efficiency. If you really don't care about efficiency, you can run a long dwell and a wide back cap setting with the stock bolt.

Stock bolt--6ms dwell, ~1 turn out on the back cap, and 150-160 psi to reach 290 fps.....

Nice fitting urethane orings all around, that's it. I don't see much of a reason to change out the Axe bolt, myself. That gun has also never chopped a ball when running the stock bolt and is pretty damn efficient.
    OlllllllO

Insider
    Its very, very difficult to pay attention to whatever the guy is saying over the really annoying EDM in the background...
    Draws houses, doesn't own markers that aren't single tube designs, unapologetic AGD zealot.

I watched it without sound.

In retrospect, not a great way to start a Monday...