Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Living Legends 8 bans First Strike Rounds

They left out a lot of information about the load cell testing equipment sadly. The rate at which they are recording data is huge when it comes to impacts finding that actual peak is the impossible part that we keep getting faster data collectors to try and get. Let alone talking about calibration data and the av delta that the cell is measuring off of. I do a lot of general material testing now not feeling like this was given a really solid test.

This whole issue should be handled different though. If you want to play with first strike it should be a first strike game not everyone needs them but everyone playing it needs to be there because they want a game where some people are going to be snipers while others are going to be in for close combat. Just like the guys that go crazy tactical in a big game or the tourney player who goes in the woods with renters and starts ripping on his gun. Rec ball is rec ball and big games are rec ball. If you have renters and families you are playing rec ball leave all that shit at home if you are playing with you peers you play your specific style with the kind of guns and tactics the group plays. Then make sure the round does not compromise a mask and let the people who want to play with them play with them.
    Last edited by Florypb505; 08-03-2015 at 12:36 AM.

not really surprising considering folks experience with them.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Insider
    Very surprising they're similar at 55 inches.
    Sarcasm, or...?

(Sorry, checking a package, mind is full of part #'s)
    Josh Coray
    J4 Paintball
    Lead Design
    www.j4paintball.com

Insider
    So, there was supposed to be a 'Watch me test' video with APL this last weekend. Did anybody see that?
    Josh Coray
    J4 Paintball
    Lead Design
    www.j4paintball.com

Quote Originally Posted by pbjosh View Post
    So, there was supposed to be a 'Watch me test' video with APL this last weekend. Did anybody see that?
    Link ?
    endeavor to persevere.......

Insider
    From the FS Round discussion on PBN, Bob McGuire (APL) (PTI):

I am offering free registration to several interested parties who may wish insight into a decade of experiments and impact testing, as I worked in different industries to develop an understanding of what causes pain from resilient projectile impacts. I personally wrote many ASTM standards including the Low Impact Paintball Field operation as well as the original Paintball Field Operating Procedure.

I want to preserve and nurture FS at commercial play sites, and I want to identify a type of "sniper paintball" that can be advertised as such, so players will understand the likelihood of harder impacts in certain games which allow shaped projectiles.

I have seen that some of my work has been misrepresented or misunderstood. Please join me on September 19th at 9AM for a live streaming presentation where I will display my shooting test fixture and show how and why FS rounds often hurt more. Let's fairly judge the difference, prove that FS can be safely enjoyed in sniper games, and promote a different skill set and special rewards of authentic milsim. As a lifelong hunter, I personally enjoy sniper games and plan to offer it as a specialty form of commercial recreational paintball just as I now do low impact. But I want to keep them on separate fields of play.
    http://paintballtraining.com/

http://paintballtraining.com/research/
    Josh Coray
    J4 Paintball
    Lead Design
    www.j4paintball.com

Insider
    Huh. He is less than 2 hours away in Bluff City, TN.
    Josh Coray
    J4 Paintball
    Lead Design
    www.j4paintball.com

Supports Inception Designs
    YAY Testing with an Agenda (to further his idea of 'sniper' paintball games).... Funny how he states that ballistics gelatin is useless but then said clay would be better to simulate impacts- I've said it before in regards to gelatin and the same applies to clay- neither accurately simulate skin and the immediate tissue layers beneath. Further, the pain folks associate with any impact type varies from person to person, body location to location, and even for the same person, same location, in different circumstances. This is why the ASTM doesn't address pain in regards to paintballs.

I don't see the point of a 'live stream' to demonstrate his theory of why FS rounds hurt more. It would be better if someone came at it from the angle of 'I hear that FS rounds hurt more, let's livestream some tests that might answer the questions of whether or not they do, and why?'. Oh wait, there already have been at least a couple independent tests of whether or not they 'hurt' more: Punkworks and TechPB Mike each did subjective tests of whether or not they 'hurt' more.

Insider
    I talked to Tiberius at Fulda. They said more test information come out this month, or at least presented to the board. They submitted testing at short range, but one of the 3 main insurance legs wanted testing 'at range.' I guess that leg is tied up with GI sports (Bob Mcguire IIRC) and is unconvinced at this time. There is a vote coming in February by the ASTM board and it looks like it will be approved.
    Josh Coray
    J4 Paintball
    Lead Design
    www.j4paintball.com

First strike is going to allowed at Dreaded Legends.

endeavor to persevere.......