Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Living Legends 8 bans First Strike Rounds

had an interesting conversation with sean scott about why this probably happened now ... he suspected some kind of paint manufacturer dramas ...
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Supports Inception Designs
    Quote Originally Posted by cockerpunk View Post
    had an interesting conversation with sean scott about why this probably happened now ... he suspected some kind of paint manufacturer dramas ...
    That does not bode well unless theirs enough neutral or pro-FS members of the ASTM subcommittee, since it's largely made up of industry folks.

How could normal paint producers feel threatened by FS rounds? I just can't see how they'd be worried by a super niche product.
    I don't know, fly casual

Supports Inception Designs
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewTheWookie View Post
    How could normal paint producers feel threatened by FS rounds? I just can't see how they'd be worried by a super niche product.
    I suspect recent trends could have them a bit worried about the future. Shrinking Tournament scene, growing magfed scene (who woulda thunk it?), and better performance. Maybe it's a matter of 'kill it now, while it's still young'. Now, I don't think this is actually happening but, it wouldn't surprise me to learn it's true.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewTheWookie View Post
    The rumour I hear... and this is just rumour mind. Is that this is a Valken/Kee fight. Valken is trying to scoop up most of Tiberius production on FSR for the forseeable future and make a push on magfed, and if people are using FSR they arent selling paint, and if Valken buys all the FSR... Kee can't. So story I heard is that FSR was always a problem child, but Kee made a phone call to Cossio just to shine a light.
    If there is another group of people outside of paintballers who will jump on a bandwagon faster than the speed of light - I have yet to meet them.

What name does Valken even have in magfed? Apparently they sell FSRs but they have no magfed platforms. The Meta is still hopper fed! There's some potential it could have a mag I suppose but, why not just do it already?

Kee technically has more use for FSR than Valken does, having both the Trracer AND the Hammer 7.

I've been hearing the Trracer is long dead. Which is sad. But they did just put out the MR6 Spyder dual feed. Cool little gun. First Spyder in a long time I could see buying.

Quote Originally Posted by HipboyScott View Post
    What name does Valken even have in magfed? Apparently they sell FSRs but they have no magfed platforms. The Meta is still hopper fed! There's some potential it could have a mag I suppose but, why not just do it already?
    The logic I was given, is that since they have no in house R&D to breach the FSR shooting market, they went after the projectile supply to boost sales versus delivery of FSR downrange. I've been hearing rumblings that it's just a continuation of the pissing match since the NPS sale.
    If there is another group of people outside of paintballers who will jump on a bandwagon faster than the speed of light - I have yet to meet them.

Quote Originally Posted by Pump Scout View Post
    I've been hearing the Trracer is long dead. Which is sad. But they did just put out the MR6 Spyder dual feed. Cool little gun. First Spyder in a long time I could see buying.
    Yeah, I was looking at those the other day and couldn't find one NIB at the big online retailers.
    Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

I work for the company building the Paragon

Quote Originally Posted by TierOneJeff View Post
    The rumour I hear... and this is just rumour mind. Is that this is a Valken/Kee fight. Valken is trying to scoop up most of Tiberius production on FSR for the forseeable future and make a push on magfed, and if people are using FSR they arent selling paint, and if Valken buys all the FSR... Kee can't. So story I heard is that FSR was always a problem child, but Kee made a phone call to Cossio just to shine a light.
    Sounds extremely unlikely. Neither KEE nor Valken use Cossio for insurance. Neither care that much about FSR for it to matter to them either.

Cossio stated he asn't allowed FSR under his policies EVER. This isn't anything new from them.