Thread: Something for a empire fle body

Something for a empire fle body

I have searched the other pb sites and I had a question...
    Simon have you thought about making some detent covers in aluminum... So when people go for anno the eye covers would match. Or even incorporate the spring 1.5 vanquish style detent.
    I was just thinking out loud.
    What do you think it would cost to make a pair of covers??
    Thanks

Simon of course will answer this, but i have asked that same question before.

The cost to make the eye covers would be stupidly high. Basically, would you want $100+ eye cover set, nust for thd sake of matching the anno? The Empire plastic ones are cheaper, durable, easily source from Empire, and though cheap looking(plastics will always hold that astethic over metal), are much better value than a milled eye cover. If you look at Empire, they used the pladtic for a reason, to keep costs down. If you want an eye cover, it would be the inverse of that cost.

But i am sure Simon will tell it himself, when he has time.

Insider
    On a side note, Makerbot is suppose to release some new material for their printers here in 2016:

New for MakerBot in 2015:

1. MakerBot announced today new PLA Composite Filaments made with composites of real Metal, Stone and Wood. Similar to colorFabb's copperFill, bronzeFill and woodFill, these filaments allow users to 3D print beautiful and realistic objects. The new PLA Composite Filaments are compatible with the fifth-generation MakerBot Replicator 3D printers and work with the swappable MakerBot Replicator Smart Extruder.
    So, some really sweet copper or bronze eye covers? There is a few other fun materials they are doing (including wood, and stone?) so that could be an option soon.
    Josh Coray
    J4 Paintball
    Lead Design
    www.j4paintball.com

I have looked into machining some, and I created files to help Dan, one of the other users here machine some for himself. (I may have gotten distracted from sending those to him by the birth of my daughter, I will need to check).

They would take some time though so I am not sure how many people will pay the cost.

I also plan to release files to allow someone to install eyes in the cover and have them match to our gun bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    I also plan to release files to allow someone to install eyes in the cover and have them match to our gun bodies.

What location is optimal break beam eye placement?

You guys are the best. Thank you!! And Simon, thank you for great products!!

Simon it is not a distraction as your first child will only happen once. Us paintball dork can wait until you & Emily get adjusted to the new addition.
    Proudly Brought To You By: ThisISPaintball, Pinnacle Paintball, PaintballPhotography.com
    Seasons Past:
    Spikes 5150, Spikes Fuel Xtreme, Mystic Warriors, Birmingham Bulldogs, Inro-MORTIFIEURS, ChopShop, SportAgressor Russia, Buffalo CRUsh, Malmo Furious, Canadian Response & Canadian Express