Thread: Simon is a tough guy to contact. Anyway, question on sharing

Insider

Lightbulb Simon is a tough guy to contact. Anyway, question on sharing

Hello, Just found the forum today and it has me pretty blown away.
    I have a thread on PbN for (3D printing(link)). I've only looked around here for a few minutes and have found a ton of neat parts. I would love to add them to my PbN thread, but I want to make sure this wouldn't upset the Inception community.

Since there is so much material here, My current Idea is to give Inception its own section or even a reserved post with the header linking to the forum, and each shared item a link to where I found it here (as well as contributor recognition). Since I wouldn't be able to find include everything available, I would add a select few and note there's more available here. I believe this would help raise site recognition as well, since I've been working on this for a few months and have only today discovered the site. My goal would not to be taking new visitors away from inception, but to bring more; as well as expand the open source library. Only catch is that I would have to take some time to make sure I don't violate rules for promoting a particular site too heavily.

Please let me know what you guys think, You can also PM me here or at PbN if you feel it necessary to call me things not suitable for public eyes.

As a new member with lots of links, the auto mod kicked in, and that's why your threads weren't showing initially.

I have no issue with linking to anything here, but please don't take stuff just to put it somewhere else.

We have been slowly but steadily trying to achieve the same thing here with an open source library and a location for all technical information to be shared.

If you go into the Insider section please keep in mind that nothing there is supposed to be shared without permission.

Insider
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    As a new member with lots of links, the auto mod kicked in, and that's why your threads weren't showing initially.

I have no issue with linking to anything here, but please don't take stuff just to put it somewhere else.

We have been slowly but steadily trying to achieve the same thing here with an open source library and a location for all technical information to be shared.
    I understand, I would like to try to set it up where I'm not moving information somewhere else, just trying to help others locate it and make them aware of the forum. I'm going to do my best posting it to try and make everyone happy. As I mentioned before, I've spent a good bit of time looking for open source paintball files. It wasn't until today that I found Inception forums, and If I hadn't tried to PM you on PbN, I never would have noticed the link in the signature. I tend to look past them since so many are just sales links.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    If you go into the Insider section please keep in mind that nothing there is supposed to be shared without permission.
    Sounds fair, I'll keep that in mind.

I thought I would have a harder time getting your opinion, Simon, since you have PMs turned off. Thank you for proving me wrong and responding so quickly.

I'm not really that hard to get hold of. I tend to have my PM's turned off, especially on PBNation because I do not have time to respond to all the "Sponsor Me" requests or for the common questions people like to ask that can be answered by anyone or that are already answered in the forums. If people really need me I can be found and try to respond as quickly as I can.