Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast

Thread: GCode: open source paintball gun board/software

sumorai i found a few bugs in your code, are you still working on this? or should i just go my own way

I would at least post your fixes. That way even more eyes can view it. Cheers.

Yeah, if you can, post a patch or a link to the code. I'll try and check it out this week and figure out how to give you access to commit changes on github.

Sorry I haven't been around lately. Bought a house late last year, and took a new job and the two combined have eaten up most of my free time.

How hard would it be to adapt from a 9v battery to a 3.7v like this or this (or would smaller mAh be better), and running the circuit at 3.3v? I also thought about using an Attiny84 instead. Code compiles in the Arduino IDE and gives no errors with the Attiny board selected

The circuit could be run at 3.3v or lower (down to about 2.5v), but you would need a voltage boosting circuit to get most solenoids to function as they are rated 5v+. The honest truth is that the Attiny84 is just too limited of a chip IO/space wise. You're better off sticking with the Atmega328 as they are cheaper, have plenty of IO/space and are not much bigger physically in size.

Even better, check out this little gem of a board. Arduino compatible and based on the Zero platform.

IF you want the bare minimum of code or are willing to write your own oled library, you might be able to get it down to a 328. I quiclky ran out of room.

With oled, ble, 4 modes, 40 registers, my sketch is currently running 73k

Oh no, I don't need anything fancy like an OLED. I primarily wanted to use the Attiny just to get experience with it, and practice some SMD soldering. I worry that the SMD 328 would be too small for my inexperienced hand. One last question, I see several commercial boards that have a large capacitor on it, like a 16v, 4700uf or 10v, 6800uf. Why does this schematic not include one? Is it because of the transistor? Thanks for the help in answering my previous questions.

Quote Originally Posted by wjsaunders View Post
    Oh no, I don't need anything fancy like an OLED. I primarily wanted to use the Attiny just to get experience with it, and practice some SMD soldering. I worry that the SMD 328 would be too small for my inexperienced hand. One last question, I see several commercial boards that have a large capacitor on it, like a 16v, 4700uf or 10v, 6800uf. Why does this schematic not include one? Is it because of the transistor? Thanks for the help in answering my previous questions.
    THose caps are for guns (like spyders and cockers) with a large clapper noid. Angels and DMs dont have one.

Ah ok, thanks for the clarification.

okey
    i have tried but i cant figurr it out on my own
    i am also working on a paintball board
    and i am running an attiny84 (works great)
    but i realy want to add ramping (i already have semi auto full auto and burst)
    but i cant seem to seperate out of your code
    is there any way to get a code that has only the ramping and nonof the other stuff (eye and sort)