Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: GCode: open source paintball gun board/software

looking forward to hearing about the updates. How much do the paintduino boards run?

i think i am going to order a arduino nano and an oled and get to work on this. Going to be fun

Get a Pro Micro instead. Its smaller and has native usb. This is also the same chip that the Paintduino uses. You'll need a FET to control a paintball solenoid as an arduino can only supply 40ma per pin. The Gcode sketch compiled fine and I was able to load it to my Pro Micro.
    Last edited by Dirty Engineer; 01-21-2015 at 11:08 AM.

on the schematic you have a second LED (LED2) that doesnt seem hooked up, is that necessary?

Quote Originally Posted by sumorai View Post
    Had a total "duh!" moment last night. I was checking to see if I could bypass the on-board voltage regulator circuit on the Arduino boards and avoid some wasted current, and realized that if I connect it to the Vcc pin instead of Vin it will bypass that, and my already-regulated 5V can power the board just fine. I swapped that connection this morning. Hopefully will be able to test it tonight.

Also, I forget if I had mentioned it, but I replaced the 7805 with a more efficient, and much smaller, voltage regulator. It's now using one of these.
    would you mind please posting your updated schematic?

i have this wired up completely on a breadboard. Huge thanks to sumorai for code and dirty engineer for endless patience and trouble shooting.

The only issue i have, my eye logic is backwards somehow. Green = ball and red = no ball is correct, but it fires on red and no fire on green.

Before i start delving into code, any ideas?

nope.. still no. argg
    Last edited by jptheripper; 02-04-2015 at 10:31 PM.

I always consider that the eye logic should be "blocked = shot & clear = no shot". Also check the leads and make sure the wires are going to the appropriate places.

Quote Originally Posted by jptheripper View Post
    i have this wired up completely on a breadboard. Huge thanks to sumorai for code and dirty engineer for endless patience and trouble shooting.

The only issue i have, my eye logic is backwards somehow. Green = ball and red = no ball is correct, but it fires on red and no fire on green.

Before i start delving into code, any ideas?
    Hard to troubleshoot a circuit without seeing it.

Quote Originally Posted by new ion? View Post
    Hard to troubleshoot a circuit without seeing it.
    working on cleaning up the breadboard as we speak