Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: GCode: open source paintball gun board/software

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    I always wanted an Excal but never owned one.
    They're surprisingly hard to find, also. I didn't see any in BST on pbn. Thankfully Jared has some kicking around.

Have you seen the DC milling for those?

I really wish I was better at electronics. I have been wanting a "Universal" board capable of dual solonoids for many years (Racegun replacements). Might just have to start playing with this stuff. Awesome work so far.

I've had a couple requests to somehow replace the board/software in eblades. I am going to be borrowing a cocker from a friend to investigate the possibility of that.

Spent a few hours digging around on digikey finding parts and reading through spec sheets. Ordered all the smd components I'll need to make my own board. Once I get them I'll build another test board using those components and make sure they all actually work. Once I'm sure of that then I'll use those specs to start designing a board to have OSH Park produce for me.

Quote Originally Posted by evil_racecocker View Post
    I really wish I was better at electronics. I have been wanting a "Universal" board capable of dual solonoids for many years (Racegun replacements). Might just have to start playing with this stuff. Awesome work so far.
    Universal T-Board?

Quote Originally Posted by new ion? View Post
    Universal T-Board?
    Yep. That exists, and the code is available as well.

So is his schematic.

For those interested in having their own PCBs made, read this interview with the founder of OSH Park: http://blog.makezine.com/2012/06/27/...xosh-park-pcb/

When I do get some boards done, I'll be having OSH Park make them. Made in the USA!

Insider
    Damn, you beat me to getting a HAD article

Which reminds me: Make sure you check out Daves video on PCB design

Yeah, that was cool to see their write up of my project.

Marc (fsrxc1) and I played around with it a bit at his place today and took a better video of it in PSP mode. New eye code works much better.

We also took another video of it in uncapped ramp, and noticed it was randomly skipping shots at high rates of fire. Not sure why. I'll upload that video tomorrow.